BigJohn

2.0 HDi Shara Gold Exclusive Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Travel, Car DIY

Posted 11 April 2003 - 07:39 PM

Check your terminals !
Recently I lost all electrics, fortunatley it happened just as I was starting (I supose because of the high current at that moment). There was a hiss and a slight electrical burning smell, being an engieer I knew was it was. The negative (green) terminal was lose. I called to see the dealer service manager, like me he dislikes the new type push to clamp battery terminals. He has seen similar problems on C 5's. My previous Peugeot 306 HDi did the same. ;)

#2 alanfc

alanfc

1.8 HDI SX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 07:56 PM

Thats progress for you I suppose. If it aint broke, fix it anyway, you may get it to break then!

regards,

AlanFC

#3 Dan Gleebitz

Dan Gleebitz

2.0 HDi SX in Sahara Gold

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10202 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 08:17 PM

I've had a look through the manual and find no reference ....

If I disconnect my battery for some reason .... what will I need to reset or reprogramme. My sons car you have to reset the radio, electric windows and central locking ......pain in the ****

#4 BigJohn

BigJohn

2.0 HDi Shara Gold Exclusive Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Travel, Car DIY

Posted 13 April 2003 - 10:57 PM

Don't worry Dan.
If disconnect or lose your battery supply you only only have to set the time / date / 12 or 24 hr clock option / Km or miles option. The hand book has all the information. Any distance or fuel information is lost from the trip computer. The radio does not require retuning.
Happy days
:lol:

#5 Guest_lil' miss pink_*

Guest_lil' miss pink_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2003 - 08:36 AM

There must be a slight difference in the wiring between 2001 and 2002 models. Ours is a 2001, and when ever the battery is disconnected, the radio DOES need re-tuning :(

Crippen

My car is the same as yours 2001 and I need to retune the radio when I disconnect the battery :)