11 replies to this topic

#1 gwenlli kid

gwenlli kid

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 09:44 AM

i NEED A SPARE KEY FOR MY PICASSO AND WAS QUOTED 55 POUNDS BY MY DEALER BECAUSE IT NEEDS TO BE PROGRAMMED I HAVE AN IMMOBILISER ONLY AND THE KEY LOOKS SO THIN THAT IT DOESN,T LOOK IT HOUSES A MICRO CHIP COULD I JUST GET ONE CUT ?

#2 Big G

Big G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 09:49 AM

STOP SHOUTING ;) .

The thin key holds a tiny chip that lines up with an arial in the ignition housing. This is what will need programming.

55 seems quite good for a key - most of the one's with the remote cost in excess of 80.

G

#3 gwenlli kid

gwenlli kid

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 09:59 AM

THANKS BIG G :)

#4 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, woder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7622 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 15 November 2004 - 04:36 PM

THANKS BIG G :)

Turn off your caps lock or certain members won't talk to you.

The micro chip is in the black plastic area of the key not the blade.

You have to be careful when getting keys copied these days as some are fitted with a magnetic core which the cutter vibration will damage or destroy. The blanks are almost imossible to obtain from a cobblers etc, which is why you have to go to a Citroen dealer for this service. There should have been a second non blipper key with the car and more importantly a credit card sized card with a number on it .This is required for anew key as it's the code required.

This card is supposed to not have had the strip scratched OFF.On ours it had been but the number under the strip is similar to that on the bar code so why cover it up in the first place?
62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS

#5 gwenlli kid

gwenlli kid

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 06:24 PM

Thanks for info on caps lock.Would the credit size card be with log book or kept somewhere in car.

#6 britbulldog1066

britbulldog1066

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:39 PM

Would the credit size card be with log book or kept somewhere in car.

I would think it is with the owners manual.

#7 ElDel

ElDel

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:53 PM

When I bought my Picasso 2 months ago (2001 reg) the card with the key code was missing and so was the spare key. I complained to the dealer (The Carshop) who said they had neither the spare key nor the card. How can I go about getting a replacement card?

#8 Dan Gleebitz

Dan Gleebitz

2.0 HDi SX in Sahara Gold

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10202 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 08:03 PM

Our dealer had a notice on the counter offering to re-locate your coding for 15 .. maybe yours will

#9 gwenlli kid

gwenlli kid

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 08:43 PM

When I first made inquiries with dealer about another key all they wanted from me was the registration document then they said they would get in touch with citroen then let me know when to come in to programme key programming 45
new key 8-10

#10 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, woder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7622 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 16 November 2004 - 01:46 PM

When I bought my Picasso 2 months ago (2001 reg) the card with the key code was missing and so was the spare key. I complained to the dealer (The Carshop) who said they had neither the spare key nor the card. How can I go about getting a replacement card?

Try and contact the original owner via the dealer/sales person. The handbook says that the card should not be left in the car and maybe the previous owner put it in a safe place at home with the other key and forgot about it. The code on the card will allow the dealer to get you a new key that works, unless as DAn says your local Citroen dealer can help with the decode.
62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS

#11 The_Skipper

The_Skipper

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 05:00 AM

When I bought my 51 pic a few weeks ago, there was only the remote key.
I contacted the dealer and he wasn't able to help.

I wrote a nice letter to the previous owner and enclosed an SAE but I have had no reply as yet :(
Any reply would have done, even to say no.

So I need to get CUK to make me a new key. No doubt it will be pricey as I also do not have the code card :(

Skip

#12 xenapie

xenapie

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 12:54 PM

i recently had new key made and was quoted 11.50 plus vat to find the plip code and 11.50 plus vat for the key number on top of the 78.80 for the key and programming.