3 replies to this topic

#1 ashleyevans

ashleyevans

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

hi everyone new to this so sorry if i over or under explain myself :-) 

i have a citreon xsara picasso 2.0 hdi 53 plate i got stuck in 1st gear pulling off from a junction and had to do 2 miles at a mere 18mph anyway i got a mobile mechanic to take a look at the car and within half hour he found out wot the problem was the gear linkage cable had snapped i have just had a new set delivered threw post wich cost a fair bit and really was trying to save on the money by trying to do it myself saves calling the mechanic back out has anyone out there got a step by step guide or any hints and tips on how to change them thanks 

#2 stimulator

stimulator

20HDi SX Wicked Red, best colour for your money

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7189 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Options:

1. You could buy a Haynes manual the C3 one has the gear linkage shown and how to change it, chances are the pic one does too.

2. Failing that go to your local library and see if they have one yopu can copy the pages,

OR

3: try the reading aisle at Halfords, sometimes the celophane wrappers are missing from haynes manuals, if you know what I mean.

62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS

#3 ashleyevans

ashleyevans

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

yeh no wot u mean just wasnt sure if there were any specific intructions lol might take a gander to halfords or the local library failing that purchase the manual myself cant be that hard surely :-$

#4 ashleyevans

ashleyevans

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

looked every where on the new cannot find a thing not even a diagram so looks like haynes it is please if any1 has any help please post