1 reply to this topic

#1 fatboy

fatboy

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

As above, at breakers today and got the 'loom' from behind the ignition barrel to main fuse panel to see if thats the fault part stopping the fan(changed the relay, but still not working), when trying to remove the barrel I couldnt get it to come out, found the lug underneath the barrel, but even pushing that in it wouldnt come out,got it out in the end with the help of the BFH and chisel, but obv I dont want to butcher my own ignition, go whats the procedure to remove the barrel?

Also on the relay for the fan, which wire is the live feed in out of the six, I'm getting not live to it, so was going to wire in a switched live thru a relay straight from live bolt in engine compartment, so bypassing the ignition circuit, hopefully preventing it melting again...

any help much appreciated

Fatboy

#2 Big Billy

Big Billy

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

on here there is another post i think its 36 in faqs that has a pdf attached in ther after telling you how to replace the cable they go on about modding the cable to put a relay in the line and say which cable is the feed to the heater hope this help
I cant get the single cable out of my fuse board and its p ing me off