3 replies to this topic

#1 chinesederek

chinesederek

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

I own a 58 reg c4 picasso vtr egs. The other week i went to drive off and the hand brake refused to release so phoned the local citroen dealer (Freeborns in Southampton) they explained to me how to manually release the brake, after doing this i lost the automatic mode of the gearbox, and driving off in manual mode it would only change up to third gear.So the garage collected the car and informed me atfter inspecting the car that due to excessive corrosion to the wiring in the loom, part of it would need replacing at a cost to me of £613. I had the repair done and wrote to Citroen Uk complaning as my car was only six months out of warranty with forty one thousand miles on the clock this corrosion must have been taking place while under warranty and also at the same time this repair was carried out I had the latest recall done which aids the drainage of water from the engine bay where the repair was carried out. I also pointed out that the car has been returned to the garage twice due to shuddering when pulling away in auto which they could not fix which since the wiring repair has completly disappeared. And on a long trip from Aberdeen to Southampton I had lost all the use of the fresh air fan to the interior of the car which was working again when the car was booked in to have it checked out and yet again no fault could be found. After two weeks of writing to Citroen uk i have not had any reply.
Hopefully soon i will hear from them and not have to resort to contacting them on the phone to get any responce from Citroen UK.

#2 pilot

pilot

1.6Hdi 2005 Exclusive Silver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Interests:Flying and drinking red wine. ( Not at the same time since I spilt a glass)
    Now driving 2013 Peugeot 2008 Allure EGS 1.6Hdi.

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

Sorry to hear about your trouble.I would be very interested to know how you release the handbrake manually as it seems to me that with certain problems our cars would not be towable. If you could post that info I would be grateful. Best of luck with Citroen.
Posted Image

#3 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7689 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

In the handbook it tells you to release the handbrake either:

By use of the tool kit hand crank in the unit in the floor in front of the pax seat.

OR.

With ignition ON but engine OFF foot on brake and pull the dash handle. If the engine is running and the ignition is turned OFF theh it will come back ON again.
62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS

#4 apsil

apsil

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

My car has just been taken on a low loader with the same fault except for the hand brake was not going on .was getting gearbox ,abs and same would not go above third gear in manual