4 replies to this topic

#1 russ

russ

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:20 PM

The time has come to replace the front wheel bearing.
Really want to know is it a diy job or is it best left to the local garage, do I need any special tools and how long, roughly, would it take.
Thanks in advance for any advice given.
Russ.
It wasn't me....I can buy a witness

#2 fbcitroen

fbcitroen

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:48 PM

The time has come to replace the front wheel bearing.
Really want to know is it a diy job or is it best left to the local garage, do I need any special tools and how long, roughly, would it take.
Thanks in advance for any advice given.
Russ.

Hi, yes it can be done as a home job but is not an easy one. Tools required: press out and press in. On the ground loosen center nut (tight!!). Raise car and remove wheels.Remove brake calipers and sadle (is fixed with Torx 45 and very tight!!) loosen bottom triangel using a wooden block under the subframe and a lever connected to the triangel with chain or strap. Remove ABS pick up and any other cabling and move out of the way. , Loosen steering arm and loosen suspension. secure drive shaft and remove hub. Remove circlip on hub (back of bearing) Press out bearing. Clean everything and press in new bearing. Place new cir clip. Put hub back on drive shaft and put all other parts back from were they were removed renewing all nuts and bolts.
Sound like a long job? It is at 4 hours per side and I advice to doe both of them at the same time.
Have fun

fbcitroen

#3 Andy Jones

Andy Jones

16 LX Newbie

• Trainee Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:58 PM

Try these guys for cheap Citroen Car Parts.

#4 soapy

soapy

16 LX Newbie

• Trainee Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:03 PM

Think I have a dry wheel bearing nsf started looking at it tonight but didn't have socket to fit the hub nut, has anybody an idea which size it is? My calipers read a fraction under 35mm, went to Halfords to get a socket but they only did 34 & 36mm.

#5 iamian

iamian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4130 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:16 PM

Cost me £95 to have a local garage do one 3 years ago.
I'd rather be boating