#1 inanamewhat

inanamewhat

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:15 PM

Hello all
my clutch has yet again been having a few random slips this being the second clutch in 33k.
I ve been advised by a local mechanic that its not the clutch its self that's the issues but the strength of the springs on the release plate, he s advised me to get a 110hp clutch from the Citroen xsara. Before anyone says they wont fit they do if you have a BE4R gearbox 01-04 and not the BE3R gearbox 99-04 confusing :blink: ,hence my post...how do i tell what gearbox i have mines a Jan 04. thanks in advance if anyone can shed some light

#2 inanamewhat

inanamewhat

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:28 PM

Hello all
my clutch has yet again been having a few random slips this being the second clutch in 33k.
I ve been advised by a local mechanic that its not the clutch its self that's the issues but the strength of the springs on the release plate, he s advised me to get a 110hp clutch from the Citroen xsara. Before anyone says they wont fit they do if you have a BE4R gearbox 01-04 and not the BE3R gearbox 99-04 confusing :blink: ,hence my post...how do i tell what gearbox i have mines a Jan 04. thanks in advance if anyone can shed some light

found today by giving vin number to the local dealers it is a be4r box so 110hp clutch it is.......... :lol:

Edited by inanamewhat, 17 September 2008 - 05:29 PM.