Photo

New C4 Picasso Delivery Times - Am I Being Fobbed Off?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 Jubilado

Jubilado

C4 Pic 2.0 Hdi EGS Excl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2505 posts
  • Interests:Travel, photos and films, pocket knives, the Keris, languages.

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:04 AM

BUT the price of all Citroens will be going UP next month due to the poor pound to Euro exchange rate. was 1.46 Euro to the now 1.32.

Some of you with orders in the pipeline should read your small print about price changes in the perido between order and delivery as I recall that they can add the difference on.

1.32 -go for it and grab that rate - XE Currency site is quoting only 1.27!!

Time you all got your ex chancellor to organise his budget better and give the ex-pats a better exchange rate. <_<

We still have the sunshine of course :D
Martin

Father of a son who now has his beautiful C4Pic5 2L hdi EGS Exclusive Gris Aluminium 4 October 2007. I am reduced to the Hyundai i10 auto Style.

#22 ian.dunning

ian.dunning

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:PHOTOGRAPHY, WALKING, THEOUTDOORS, WATERCOLOUR PAINTING, PUBLIC HOUSES.

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:55 PM

Hi all,

We ordered a Pic 2.0hdi exclusive, with light grey seats and glass roof, and was told it would be approx 12 weeks though it could be earlier.

Regards,
ian.

#23 gorak

gorak

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:fixin pc's. genral diy. and drinkin loads of coffee.

Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:04 PM

Hi all,

We ordered a Pic 2.0hdi exclusive, with light grey seats and glass roof, and was told it would be approx 12 weeks though it could be earlier.

Regards,
ian.

there was 12 week waiting list when i orderd mine. i got it about 4 weeks earlier. i wounder if they tell every one that as a maximum waiting time.

#24 alex3025

alex3025

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:52 AM

I ordered a Grand C4 1.6HDI Exclusive, with a couple of options, last Wednesday and was told about 8 weeks. From past experience with Peugeot and Citroen they usually qoute a bit longer to be on the safe side.

Mine is also Nocciola. What interior colour have you gone for?

GONE FOR THE CLAUDIA PERFORATED LEATHER SEEN CAR ITS AT THE DEALERS JUST WAITING ON PDI AND PLATES :wiz: :wiz:

#25 ian.dunning

ian.dunning

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:PHOTOGRAPHY, WALKING, THEOUTDOORS, WATERCOLOUR PAINTING, PUBLIC HOUSES.

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:23 AM

there was 12 week waiting list when i orderd mine. i got it about 4 weeks earlier. i wounder if they tell every one that as a maximum waiting time.

Hi Gorak,
The salesman did say there was a possibility of an 8 week wait but he said they always say 12 so that there's leeway,

Regards,
Ian.

#26 alex3025

alex3025

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:18 AM

:cheers: Had me car now for 4 weeks and must say i just love it .Not used me kitted up Discovery at all poor thing missing out :cheers:

#27 jedleo49

jedleo49

16 LX Newbie

• Trainee Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:43 AM

Hi there,
My first post to this forum.
I ordered a new 5 seater C4 Picasso 1.8 VTR+ (with Comfort Pack and Parking Pack, colour: Black) 2 weeks ago and was told that delivery time was about 6 weeks. I got a call from our sales adviser last week to say that the order was placed with Citroen. He went on to say that the C4 Picasso was out of production at the moment until some time in March and that once they are back in production the car will be ready 2 weeks after that.

I have a friend who lives in France and works for Citroen and I mentioned all this to her. She said that the C4 Picasso is in full production??!!

Corncerned as to why my salesman would say that they are out of production when they aren't I called Citroen UK and they confirmed that the car is in full production. They also said that the delivery time was actually 10-12 weeks for my model!!

I then rang my dealer and spoke to a different salesman to the one I bought from and he told me that the delivery time for my model is 8-10 weeks??! Who do I believe?

So, why would my dealer give me so much false information? Did he tell me 6 weeks in the hope of getting a sale? Why make up the story about production problems but still tell me that the car would be ready within 6 weeks when it would seem that it will take at least 10 weeks?

I was going to ring the sales manager at my dealer to complain but he is the son of the sales advisor that sold me the car so I would imagine that he wouldn't be straight with me in order to cover for his father.

Is there any Citroen employees on this forum who could confirm the delivery estimate?

I expect this all sounds like an over-reaction but if they were honest with me from the start then I wouldn't mind. First impressions and all that. 3 months is just a bit different to 6 weeks!!
This will be my first ever Citroen and this is not a good start.

#28 jedleo49

jedleo49

16 LX Newbie

• Trainee Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:53 AM

Hi I am not a Picasso owner but just ordered a C4 hatchback VTR+ EGS I was told when I ordered it , it would be between 10 - 12 weeks this is because they only make them to order and not store them in fields like most makers . The estimate delivery date is 10th May 2010 . I regularly go to my Citroen garage to see where it is , they check on the internet for me . It has now been made and left the factory and is somewhere between France and the UK . I was told once it was in the UK it takes approx 10 days to be delivered to my Citroen garage ready for my collection . I will let you know the day I receive it .

#29 Doug

Doug

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Photography
    Reading
    Gardening
    DIY

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

Look at thread "C4 Picasso has disappeared" for latest info on this. My last post to that thread was - The latest from my dealer from whom I ordered a GC4P on 4 March through the Motability scheme for hand over on 4 June is that there is indeed a delay in delivery with orders taken today 16 April which are now scheduled for delivery in September (exact date in September not known). Delay not caused by move of manufacture to China although the C4 is already built there. GC4P's still currently built in Spain. Cause was an error? by a Citroen employee who offered the GC4P 1.6 hdi manual gearbox to Motability at a "No Advance Payment Rate". When this information was made available on the Motability site, there was a sudden surge in demand for such a good offer and unfortunately demand far outstripped supply and hence the 5 to 6 month delay between order and delivery. My order made on 4 March is not yet even on the production line although it is still some 7 weeks before the original delivery date is reached and therefore production would normally be a little way off for this date to be met. The 5 to 6 month delay however could meen that I will have to wait until July before I will see my new vehicle. This has had a serious knock on effect for other non-Motability customers who I believe are not able to place orders for the GC4P until the backlog becomes shorter whenever that will be. Naturally the No Advance Payment position has now been corrected with latest orders requiring an advance payment of 999. Earlier No Advance Payment orders will be honoured.
Doug

#30 Dave59

Dave59

16 LX Newbie

• Trainee Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:14 PM

Hi

Well this is what I was told by my dealer.
Firstly I ordered my C4GP Exclusive 2.0 hdi EGS with Sat Nav 14/01/10, was told then that delivery was around 6-8 weeks. In the 8th week I rang my dealer to find out what was happening and he had nothing to hand to tell me, which is a bit bad considering I was at the end of the expected delivery time. In a couplke of days he came back to me to advise me that they had my C4GP on back order and they expected it to be built in late April for delivery to be mid May.
I left it and once again I rang the dealer just before the Mayday bank holiday weekend and was told that the car was built and should be at Calais by the Friday before that weekend. With this I once again contacted my sealer on the Wednesday 5th May and was told that the car was in the UK and was told it will be a further 10 days to delivery.
I have called today (11/5) and been told that it will be delivered to the dealer in the next 48-72 hours.
So if all goes to plan that is over 5 months I have waited for this vehicle and really its been me having to find out what is happening with getting hold of this vehicle.
The main reason ~I have added to this thread is that after the intial 8 weeks I had waited and received at that time I was given an explanation and that was that the delay was due to the Pound being weak against the Euro and that Citroen leave the UK till last to build vehicles for our market.
Best of luck to anyone that orders a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso

Edited by Dave59, 11 May 2010 - 07:22 PM.

#31 Wireless

Wireless

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Rugby Union, Aircooled Volkswagens, 4x4, Amateur Radio, & Shooting.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:18 PM

Based on your last post I guess that my GC4P is over a month away from delivery, and that I can expect it just before the end of June, as I ordered mine on 23rd February.

I was told 8 to 10 weeks at the time of the order, but it looks like its nearer 18 weeks, fingers crossed.

73 de M5WJF

2010 Citroen Grand C4 Picasso 1.6 EGS Exclusive
2011 Citroen C3 1.6 Airdream+

1973 Volkswagen Type 3 Variant 1600A

#32 Dave59

Dave59

16 LX Newbie

• Trainee Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:54 AM

Hi

I had a call yesterday that it had been delivered to the dealer (13/05). As I am having a towbar fitted I am expecting to pick it up on the 19/05.

So I have waited 18 weeks from ordering to picking it up from dealer.

Lets hope it has been worth the wait.

#33 Wireless

Wireless

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:31 PM

Yes, I'm also planning on a tow bar and mud flaps, but no Sat Nav (I have a Tom Tom Go Live and Protech Business Mounting Bracket ready), and I felt that this time around that the full glass roof and mood lighting (leather interior) weren't value for money, although I'd have opted for the front parking detectors and lane detection if it had been cheaper. Ok, maybe the glass roof was a 50-50 decision, but I've had problems with sunroofs on my present vehicle and feel the number of days we actually get sunshine in the UK, combined with possibly having problems with the electrics made me decide against.

Edited by Wireless, 14 May 2010 - 01:36 PM.

73 de M5WJF

#34 Dave59

Dave59

16 LX Newbie

• Trainee Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:51 PM

The glass sunroof is something I would not go for as I have a Newfoundland dog and keeping him cool in the summer is a right nightmare.
I was contemplating the front parking sensors as it would be a good idea for the missus and she cannot park a car. She only knows how to abandon one.
I have been informed that it has to be a detachable tow-bar for the Exclusive as it has rear parking sensors and a standard flange tow-bar is seen by the sensors. I will only be towing a folding camper max weight of 1000kgs.
This is the first Citroen I have had so a new encounter for me, like I said lets hope it lives up to my expectaions.

#35 astirl2809

astirl2809

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:40 PM

Picked up my new C4 picasso today. Waited 12 weeks so from what i've read thats not too bad. Dealer did say it could have been longer. I'm impressed. Last car was polo estate and i thought that was a solid car but this just feels well made. Kids jusrt love the storage and space in the back. Going down to Devon for spring break in couple of weeks and i'm looking forward to the journey.

#36 Wireless

Wireless

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:54 PM

Well, it looks like I'm not going to get the car by the end of June as envisaged, went into the Dealership today and they were quoting August at the earliest.

How some of you have managed 18 weeks, and 12 weeks looking at the last post, is beyond me, I'm looking at around 26 weeks at this point.

Only bright moment was the pile of outstanding orders the dealer holds is down to 8 cars, since the Dealer rang round all the customers in April explaining the delay and many (looks like 50%), took up the offer of changing their order to a different model. All the orders they hold date from mid to late February, no-one has ordered a C4 Picasso or Grand Picasso after that date.

The Dealer said he's not allowed a display model for the showroom until October at the earliest.

Just about to put another exhaust on the Land Rover because the old one is literally falling off, this is an expense I wasn't looking to pay for, and it looks like I'll be putting it through another MoT at this rate.

Ho hum.

73 de M5WJF

#37 Doug

Doug

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
    Reading
    Gardening
    DIY

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:14 PM

Now 15 weeks from order and dealer just shrugging shoulders and showing no interest whatsoever. Hinting that September may well be a possible month so possible wait of 26 weeks or more. Holidays will be well and truly over by then. My divorce with Citroen takes place in three years time at the end of this Motability contract.

Doug

#38 Doug

Doug

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
    Reading
    Gardening
    DIY

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:14 PM

Now 15 weeks from order and dealer just shrugging shoulders and showing no interest whatsoever. Hinting that September may well be a possible month so possible wait of 26 weeks or more. Holidays will be well and truly over by then. My divorce with Citroen takes place in three years time at the end of this Motability contract.

Doug

#39 astirl2809

astirl2809

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:50 AM

Doug

I think i was REALLY lucky in getting my C4 so quickly. My dealer here in Sheffield managed to track down a cancelled order but the car had been delivered to Newcastle. Fortunately the spec was the same but i have had to accept a different colour. Went down to Devon the week before last and it was a very comfortable experience. I know some of you guys have been waiting ages but believe me the car is worth it. So comfortable. My only gripe is getting use to the gears. So much more economical than my last polo estate and averaged 50mpg. Lots of comments from other people saying just how pretty it looks.

#40 blondchaser

blondchaser

1.6 Hdi (Royal Blue)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1119 posts
  • Interests:fast trucks and even faster women.

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:48 PM

Spotted in Matalan car park today (Glenrothes) 10 Plate C4 Grand Picasso. Registration plate by Walkers Citroen, Cupar / Kirkcaldy. Worth a call????