#1 Valiant23

Valiant23

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:40 AM

Hi all,

Over the last week I had starting problems which culminated in my starter motor dying on me.

My regular mechanic had the car for a day where he replaced the starter motor.

I picked it up yesterday and noticed I had a problem with the display. After a huge amount of googling last night I found that someone had exactly the same problem.

http://uk.answers.ya...11094653AAGRrI5

Hi!
I wonder if any one can help concerning this problem?
I have a 2003 Xsara picasso HDI exclusive with a trip computer stalk by the steering wheel. Normally, you can press the end of the stalk to change the display on the dash (fuel consumption, last service, radio/cd, etc). However, this has stopped functioning and now only the predicted fuel range is displayed (if you change the volume or cd, then it shows details of that for a short while before going back to fuel range.
Could this possibly be a dirty contact in the stalk? If so, can the stalk be dismantled to sort this problem out?
Otherwise, am I looking at having to get a new trip computer stalk?
Any advice gratefully received!!
Thanks
dale

It worked perfectly for me before the starter motor problem.

In addition to this I had three other problems appear.

1 - I was getting the message "RR LH door open" when it obviously wasn't. The interior light stays on when a door isn't closed properly and it didn't do that, yet I was getting that message.

2 - The radio doesn't work at all. Its the basic citroen factory fitted cassette player

3 - When I turn the key in the ignition, the speakers make a 'popping sound'** as though it has had a surge of electricity through it.

I drove it for 300 miles after I collected it yesterday and there wasn't any obvious problem apart from lack of music and that 'popping'** sound when I started the engine.

EDIT: The car is a 2.0HDi 2001 model.

**I'm not very technical and finding it tough to describe this sound accurately, but my son has an electric guitar and it makes a similar 'popping sound' he switches on his amp.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I've already seen the guide for reconnecting the battery and wonder if this could be the root of the problem but I'm not technically minded at all so don't really know.

Edited by Valiant23, 30 January 2008 - 11:42 AM.

#2 iamian

iamian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4130 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:13 PM

Try disconnecting the battery as described and reconnecting a minute or two later. Cannot guarantee it will fix your problems but a "hard reset" has been known to fix similar.
I'd rather be boating

#3 Valiant23

Valiant23

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:18 PM

Just done that, waited with baited breath and it worked.
:D

Panic over nothing I guess.
:D

Thanks for your help.

#4 kpf16

kpf16

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:20 PM

Try disconnecting the battery as described and reconnecting a minute or two later. Cannot guarantee it will fix your problems but a "hard reset" has been known to fix similar.

I have a 03 plate xsara piccaso and have the same problem, when you diconnect the battery do you then have to recode the cd player?

#5 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, woder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7549 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:18 PM

NO, the radio etc is coded in the BSI and is in a non-volitile memory.
62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS

#6 kpf16

kpf16

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

Thanks for the info, do you think this hard reset will work and if not what else could be wrong, i will try disconnecting the battery and let you know how i get on. thanks again for your help.

Edited by JoeBlunt, 09 February 2011 - 08:26 PM.
Quote Removed - No need to quote post immediately before your reply

#7 kpf16

kpf16

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

Are you 100% certain mo code is needed are you speaking from experience?

#8 whatsinaname

whatsinaname

2.0 Hdi Exclusive Silver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4646 posts
  • Interests:fishing, motorbikes, garden, my dog

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:08 PM

Yes you can disconnect battery without having to put code in for radio,ive done it on two different pics

#9 kpf16

kpf16

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:41 AM

Yes you can disconnect battery without having to put code in for radio,ive done it on two different pics

Was this to hard reset for the same reason and did it work?

#10 kpf16

kpf16

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

Ok so i done the battery thing and it did not need me to enter any code for the cd player, all i had to do is reset the time and date etc. bad news is that the trip computer is still not playing ball. i think it must be a faulty buttion on the end of the stalk because on the odd accasion it works but most of the time i press it and it dose nothing. any ideas as to what else i could try or cost for repair welcome.

#11 picasso83

picasso83

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

sorry for jumping in!!
hi all am new on here, i have a problem with my citreon picasso desire hdi. i am experiancing some problems, when i am driving my car the dash keeps lighting up brake fault warning and airbag warning for a few seconds if that, and can some times continiously flash and while it is doing this it cuts out the radio, heating system and making the lights dip( almost like i am flashing at somebody)
i have had the alternator checked and battery and they are both fine, just wondering if anybody else has had a similar problem, would be most greatful of any advice! thanks.

#12 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, woder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7549 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:49 PM

Hi picasso8, I see that you are posting the dsame problem under a multitude of other threads. problem with this is that you will receivee answers under those threads which will lead to non continuity with a possible fix under this one and another under the new topic you raised. As an old hand I look at all new threads on here, hence my reply in your first one.
62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS

#13 wayne&kelly

wayne&kelly

16 LX Newbie

• Trainee Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

I have a problem with my citreon picasso desire hdi

Hi picasso83 i was just reading some posts with faults as i have a few problems too.I came across this one and we are having similar faults coming up on the dashboard along with a beeping sound aswell.I was wondering if you managed to get yours fixed.Our Airbag warning light came on and the reading said airbag deactivated i was a short distance from home so carried on till we arrived,turned the engine off and restarted it went back normal.Then another instance 2 beeping sounds and stop came up on the dashboard along with the handbreak sign for a split second then everything went back to normal.If you can give me advice it would be appreciated cheers.