#1 indipop

indipop

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:21 PM

Hi,

This problem came to light when I was hoping to jumpstart from our Picasso (other car had flat battery) but I think it would still be valid if the Picasso had the flat battery, so I'll post here...

How does one do a jumpstart when one of the vehicles is a Picasso? The clips that cover the battery terminals mean that the battery can't be connected to jump leads unless you remove the clips. If the clips are removed, then this means I've disconneted the battery, and so couldn't get (or give) a jump start as the engine can't be started...? Am I missing something?

Advice anyone?

Thanks in advance :-)

#2 indipop

indipop

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:32 PM

Oh yeah...

Forgot to say that I'm sure someone has had to cover this before, but every time I searched for posts containing "jumpstart" I get an error message. Hmm, is someone trying to tell me something..? :)

#3 Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:26 PM

Look under the bonnet. There is a terminal with a + sign under a rubber cap which hinges back. This is a positive terminal for the battery. For an earth just connect the jump lead to the car body at the front near the top of the radiator. I have jump started other cars this way.
1.6 HDi VTR+ C4 Picasso Arctic Steel July 2009

#4 indipop

indipop

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:13 PM

Magic: thanks, Joe! I knew the battery wasn't under the bonnet so didn't even bother lifting it :rolleyes: And a quick look in the users manual (came with car) didn't help. Thanks again! :D

Look under the bonnet. There is a terminal with a + sign under a rubber cap which hinges back. This is a positive terminal for the battery. For an earth just connect the jump lead to the car body at the front near the top of the radiator. I have jump started other cars this way.