Stolen Spare Wheels

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Domestic Goddess_*

Guest_Domestic Goddess_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2004 - 07:27 PM

Live and learn Joe, live and learn

I do have a spare now and I know exactly where it is - in the boot!

I'm still trying to get a lock out of CUK - they sent a snotty reply to Hubby's letter so I've sent them one.

#22 SPUD

SPUD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts
  • Interests:My interests are becoming more refined as I mature....but I still can't spell......... just to keep you happy ! x

Posted 25 October 2004 - 07:31 PM

very brave taking on Gladys..... wouldn't catch me doing it ! :huh:

Kinky is using a feather.......... Perverted is using the whole chicken.

#23 Guest_Domestic Goddess_*

Guest_Domestic Goddess_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2004 - 07:35 PM

very brave taking on Gladys..... wouldn't catch me doing it ! :huh:

I'd have thought you'd have said "I told you so" - you PM'd me ages ago and told me to put a lock on it! And on the wheel.... :lol:

#24 SPUD

SPUD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts
  • Interests:My interests are becoming more refined as I mature....but I still can't spell......... just to keep you happy ! x

Posted 25 October 2004 - 07:39 PM

yes i did.... and as usual...you brushed me aside....sniff sniff....

p.s. have you got a spare key to your lock ? :eyes:

#25 Guest_Domestic Goddess_*

Guest_Domestic Goddess_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:33 PM

I haven't got a lock yet - you didn't read the post! Still waiting to see if CUK will give me one.

I've provided them with a crime number and so on, will have to wait and see.

#26 SPUD

SPUD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:52 PM

your chastity belt you plonk.... :lol:

#27 Guest_Domestic Goddess_*

Guest_Domestic Goddess_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2004 - 10:09 PM

your chastity belt you plonk.... :lol:

I'm waiting for a knight in shining armour - then, and only then, will I make the spare key available.

The same applies to the spare key for the lock to the spare wheel as the only person using it will be the RAC man. :lol:

Going back to the thread (remember that?) I've been asking around :ph34r: and no-one knows where I can get a spare for a Pic - so lord knows where they all disappear to.

#28 SPUD

SPUD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 10:15 PM

I think it's for the tyres.... nowt else. !.. :blink:

#29 James

James

1.8 HDI SX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 04:06 PM

Took the advise of others and fitted a K-LOK a week after buying my pic. Spare wheel is still under the car-I hope because I havent checked!

#30 joanneburd

joanneburd

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 11:18 PM

Being a new Picasso owner I was blissfully unaware of the whole spare wheel saga.......not any more!!!! :angry:

Just been to France, pulled up next to another Picasso driver who promptly told me my wheel had been stolen.......guess what, he was right!!!!

Little blighters (I would like to call them something more suitably unladylike :angry: )

What I want to know is what do they do with them????? :unsure:

Is there a black market for Picasso wheels and if there is, where? I need one !!

#31 JoeBlunt

JoeBlunt

✩1.6 Hdi Desire 2 16v ✩

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,018 posts
  • Interests:Digital Photography (Wish I had more time to learn all the tricks), Home Computing, Family stuff really i.e. eating out, holidays abroad, etc.........

Posted 29 October 2004 - 11:45 PM

Just been to France, pulled up next to another Picasso driver who promptly told me my wheel had been stolen.......guess what, he was right!!!!

Glad you at least managed to get back to Milton Keynes in One Piece! :torch:

As your back seat driver said "Give Citroen Hell" :det:

Regards,

Joe

Attached Files

2010 (10) Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi Grey 5dr
2011 (61) Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi Black 5dr
joeblunt@hotmail.com

#32 JoeBlunt

JoeBlunt

✩1.6 Hdi Desire 2 16v ✩

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,018 posts
  • Interests:Digital Photography (Wish I had more time to learn all the tricks), Home Computing, Family stuff really i.e. eating out, holidays abroad, etc.........

Posted 29 October 2004 - 11:48 PM

:det:

Attached Files

joeblunt@hotmail.com

#33 keithyb

keithyb

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 07:51 AM

I recently bought a chain, lock etc with the intention of looping it around the spare, but have now noticed a sticker on the rear bumper saying a Citroen spare wheel security device is fitted.
How do I tell what this looks like and whether one is in fact fitted?

#34 Jubilado

Jubilado

C4 Pic 2.0 Hdi EGS Excl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts
  • Interests:Travel, photos and films, pocket knives, the Keris, languages.

Posted 30 October 2004 - 08:59 AM

Joanna - do you know if the wheel was stolen in France? My family there had not heard of the problem that plagues the UK.
Martin

Father of a son who now has his beautiful C4Pic5 2L hdi EGS Exclusive Gris Aluminium 4 October 2007. I am reduced to the Hyundai i10 auto Style.

#35 trillian

trillian

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 09:00 AM

I recently bought a chain, lock etc with the intention of looping it around the spare, but have now noticed a sticker on the rear bumper saying a Citroen spare wheel security device is fitted.

Lift the carpet in the boot area, and if there is a hexagonal bolt head in the middle of the floor, you've got a lock fitted. You need to undo this bolt before attempting to lower the spare wheel cradle.

Come to think of it, the quickest way to check is just to feel for the bolt head through the carpet... (its not exactly in the middle)... there may even be a flap cut in the carpet for easier access.

#36 JoeBlunt

JoeBlunt

✩1.6 Hdi Desire 2 16v ✩

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,018 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 09:46 AM

Noticed a sticker on the rear bumper saying a Citroen spare wheel security device is fitted.

Look at my previous two posts :det:
joeblunt@hotmail.com

#37 Guest_Domestic Goddess_*

Guest_Domestic Goddess_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2004 - 09:52 AM

I've received another letter from CUK this week advising that this is MY problem and they will not supply me with a lock FOC - and that I should sort it out through the insurers. :angry:

They finish off by thanking me for bringing the problem (that of spare wheel theft) to their attention.

Aside from it being a badly written letter, the tone is soooooooo patronising.

I can't decide whether to give in gracefully and just buy a K-LOK - or whether to pursue it.

What do you lot think? Is there any point?

#38 fitshase

fitshase

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 10:32 AM

I've received another letter from CUK this week advising that this is MY problem and they will not supply me with a lock FOC - and that I should sort it out through the insurers. :angry:

They finish off by thanking me for bringing the problem (that of spare wheel theft) to their attention.

I can't decide whether to give in gracefully and just buy a K-LOK - or whether to pursue it.

DG,

Why not point them in the direction of this forum and quote the number of people who have had their spare wheel stolen. I'm sure that hundreds of people have brought the "problem" to their attention in the past.

I would pursue them further saying that their customer service is unacceptable (if the letter is really patronising) given that you have spent over

#39 RHP

RHP

Former Picasso 1.8SX Owner

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,154 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 11:11 AM

If you've got the time and inclination, keep badgering them, both about the lock and the quality of their response and patronising attitude. I'm afraid that once you start scoring points they will then switch off and ignore you - after all you're just one customer, you've already bought the product so what do they care! They won't want you as a repeat Customer since you might upset them again! :bhead:

Best of Luck.

----------- Please help keep Vulcan XH558 flying ----------
------------------ www.vulcantothesky.org ----------------

#40 Teacherpete2

Teacherpete2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 11:34 AM

CUK seem to have a very variable attitude to this problem. Have a look at these threads...

Spare nicked but no warranty - Will CUK help?

Those Thieving Little...........

Stolen Spare Wheels

Several people have had success in getting CUK to pay for K-Loks, wheels & tyres and even jacks.

Since this has been happening for as long as the pic has been around, it really is time that Citroen started supplying the K-Lok as standard. Then again, I feel this is unlikely when they can charge the best part of
Growing old is compulsory; growing up isn't!
If you're not part of the solution...
...you're part of the precipitate!