11 replies to this topic

#1 Uzeless

Uzeless

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 09:43 PM

Is there anybody else on these forums who has ordered a car from newregcars.co.uk???? I am beginning to think that I have been scammed out of £100.
We paid a £100 deposit for a brand new Picasso Desire 1.6Hdi and was told that we would be in for a 6-8 week wait and wouldn't have to pay the rest until it was delivered. It is now almost 11 weeks since we ordered and the company is VERY difficult to get hold of. When we actually DO get through, we are told that they will phone their supplier and ring us back. That will be the last we hear from them until we finally get through to them again.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Can we walk away from this deal and go to a proper company?
The wife and I are at a loss. All we want is a nice shiny new Picasso at a good price!

Thanks in advance folks!!

#2 whatsinaname

whatsinaname

2.0 Hdi Exclusive Silver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4646 posts
  • Interests:fishing, motorbikes, garden, my dog

Posted 18 November 2005 - 10:41 PM

you will most likely lose your deposit and you should cancel by letter recorded delivery and phone em, if they are playing hard to get, in any case i think if you go to a dealer and car goes wrong you can take it back, but if you buy off the net and it breaks you might find the main dealers wont want to know

#3 JoeBlunt

JoeBlunt

✩1.6 Hdi Desire 2 16v ✩

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11018 posts
  • Interests:Digital Photography (Wish I had more time to learn all the tricks), Home Computing, Family stuff really i.e. eating out, holidays abroad, etc.........

Posted 19 November 2005 - 12:00 AM

Thier Terms & Conditions State:

1.2 The Company will only accept an order from you when you have signed and returned a purchase order form in accordance with these terms and conditions. All Vehicles remain our property until paid for in full.

8.1 A deposit of £99.00 will be required by the Company depending on the price of the Vehicle you are ordering, such sum to be confirmed to you by the Company upon you placing your order.

9.2 If you wish to purchase the Vehicle you should read and sign the purchase order form and return it to the Company. By signing and returning the purchase order form you agree to purchase a Vehicle of the specification detailed at the price detailed.

9.3 Once the Company has received your deposit and signed purchase order form we will arrange delivery of the Vehicle to the address specified by you on the delivery date detailed on the purchase order form or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter.

10.3 By signing and returning the purchase order form you are agreeing to purchase a Vehicle of the specification detailed. In some cases optional extras may be inconsistent with the basic specification for the Vehicle concerned and in cases where you request optional extras the basic specification may differ accordingly and you agree to accept such variations without limitation.

11.1 The Company will make every effort to deliver the Vehicle on the delivery date specified in the purchase order form. However, delays will occasionally occur and time shall not be of the essence. The Company shall not be liable for any damage or loss (including consequential loss) occasioned to you or any third party arising directly or indirectly out of any failure on the Company’s behalf to meet any estimated delivery date.

11.3 On delivery of the Vehicle you will need to provide the Company with a copy of the signed purchase order form and proof of identity.

11.7 Vehicles cannot be picked up from the Company’s depot. You shall only have the right to cancel your order if there is a delay in delivery exceeding 12 weeks from the date specified in the purchase order form. If you wish to cancel your order under the provisions of this clause you must notify the Company in writing. If we do not receive such written notification the Company shall be entitled to regard this as a waiver of your right of cancellation.
12.1 After signing and returning the purchase order form you may not cancel the order without penalty (unless the Vehicle delivered does not meet the specifications detailed in the purchase order form)

12.6 If you wish to cancel the Contract you must immediately write to us at AutoLease (UK) Ltd, 31 Kings Hey Drive, Southport, Merseyside PR9 7JB or alternatively, you may email us at info@newregcars.co.uk. In the event that the agreement is cancelled by you, in accordance with our terms and conditions after the vehicle is delivered to you and in the event of us having to collect the Vehicle from you we will charge you the sum of £300 in relation to our administrative costs and the costs incurred by us in recovering the Vehicle from you.
Complaints Handling ...

NewRegCars is committed to customer service. Should you have any complaint about the NewRegCars Service, NewRegCars.co.uk is committed to resolving complaints in a fair and effective manner.
Please inform NewRegCars.co.uk by email at customerservice@newregcars.co.uk should you have any complaint about our service.

We are committed to acknowledging your complaint within 48 hours of receipt and undertaking all reasonable efforts to resolving it promptly under the circumstances. We will provide you with a time scale for resolving the dispute and keep you regularly updated with respect to our progress.

You can call our customer services team on 0870 922 0983

2010 (10) Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi Grey 5dr
2011 (61) Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi Black 5dr
joeblunt@hotmail.com

#4 RHP

RHP

Former Picasso 1.8SX Owner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4154 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 02:13 PM

if you go to a dealer and car goes wrong you can take it back, but if you buy off the net and it breaks you might find the main dealers wont want to know

This is misleading.

Internet dealers such as "Newregcars" do not supply the vehices themselves. They are merely acting as Agents for main dealer(s) with whom they have negotiated bulk discounts, and then take a cut of a £100.00 or so for introducing the Customer. Usually the purchase price is paid directly to the dealer not the intermediary. The car is likely main dealer supplied.

Any main dealer will take on warranty work. They are paid for and make a profit (greater than that from selling the car) from warrantly and repair work. The car manufacturer reimburses the dealer for any work carried out under warranty.

"Newregcars" may be proving difficult in this case, so following the "small print" as published by JoeBlunt is obviously the way forward. This should not reflect on those Internet brokers in general, the vast majority of whom provide an excellent service in supplying to the public cars discounted to a price normally only available to fleet buyers.

----------- Please help keep Vulcan XH558 flying ----------
------------------ www.vulcantothesky.org ----------------

#5 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7675 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 20 November 2005 - 08:37 AM

When you buy your car if you call citroen they will tell you IF it's on the UK warranty register. If it is then it will appear on ANY dealers computer screen when he puts in the VIN. If it does then it is covered by the UK warranty rules. If like mine it's an import it will initially NOT be on the register. Citroen will transfer it as they did with mine.

The only downside, back in 2001, was it only had a 1 year warranty. Believe that now euroland is 2yrs UK is 3 years.
I bought a secondary warranty for £535 which on the third anniversary of the cars first reg having not claimed AS NOTHING went wrong I got a refund of £500.

So the warranty issue on a UK supplied car shouldn't be an issue.
62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS

#6 dave-r

dave-r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2635 posts
  • Interests:Trains (O gauge models) Computors & gadgets, Sound engineering live & recording, audio & visual, caravaning, latest interest I've got a sit on Kayak keeps me fit, using it 2-3 times a week

Posted 20 November 2005 - 02:41 PM

Our Pics have both been leased from the internet :)

Both have had warranty work at local dealers no problem :)

Never even mentioned where they are from just booked in and they did the work without question. :lol:

Won't lease from them as they are too dear :(
Nissan Primastar 29 SE Silver (van) 53
Renault Traffic in disguise

Picasso 2.0Hdi Desire Islandic Green 05

I'd rather be Kayaking

#7 1.8 SX

1.8 SX

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 06:24 PM

Hi All

This is the Managing Director from www.newregcars.co.uk, I am not sure if this issue is real as the internet is such a large place to post comments I suggest that Uzeless contacts me direct instead of posting misleading information on forums such as this!

The internet is such a usefull place but it leaves us open to people hiding behind the internet which can be annoying!

I would also like the Webmaster of this site to contact me direct to discuss misleading comments about my company

My Contact Details

Darren Mc Dowell

Tel: 0870 922 0983

Thankyou!

#8 whatsinaname

whatsinaname

2.0 Hdi Exclusive Silver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4646 posts
  • Interests:fishing, motorbikes, garden, my dog

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:01 PM

why has this post suddenly appeared the first post was november 05

#9 JoeBlunt

JoeBlunt

✩1.6 Hdi Desire 2 16v ✩

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11018 posts
  • Interests:Digital Photography (Wish I had more time to learn all the tricks), Home Computing, Family stuff really i.e. eating out, holidays abroad, etc.........

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:09 PM

I was just looking through 1.8 sx's previous postings:

Click here & read for yourself

So, are you trying to buy a car from this internet company or do you own it?
2010 (10) Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi Grey 5dr
2011 (61) Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi Black 5dr
joeblunt@hotmail.com

#10 noodle

noodle

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:25 PM

Funny that Joe I looked through the old posts of 1.8 sx's too and thought exactly the same as you..............

Edited by noodle, 09 September 2006 - 08:27 PM.

05 Black 1.6hdi Desire - ZORO
"Dust is low in fat so you can eat as much dust as you like" I just wish all this dust would fill me up!!!

#11 Dan Gleebitz

Dan Gleebitz

2.0 HDi SX in Sahara Gold

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10202 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:26 PM

I can't see anything wrong with the postings. The originator was stating what happened, or one assumes so, perhaps the company gives their side of the story if they want a rebuttal

#12 pwbaines

pwbaines

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:45 AM

you will most likely lose your deposit and you should cancel by letter recorded delivery and phone em, if they are playing hard to get, in any case i think if you go to a dealer and car goes wrong you can take it back, but if you buy off the net and it breaks you might find the main dealers wont want to know

Hi in response to this email I have a couple of points to make:
1.........Why should you loose your deposit they failed to deliver the goods within the specified time frame agreed?
2........Why should there be any problems buying through the Internet? In most cases the cars are sourced from a UK Citroen dealer and as such you are entitled to the full warranty which is issued by Citroen UK? Scaremongering does no-one any good! <_<
Paul
Paul W Baines[i][size=4]