• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 JoeBlunt

JoeBlunt

✩1.6 Hdi Desire 2 16v ✩

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,018 posts
  • Interests:Digital Photography (Wish I had more time to learn all the tricks), Home Computing, Family stuff really i.e. eating out, holidays abroad, etc.........

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:03 PM

Click here for online form - DVLA Hotline

If cars are untaxed then 99.9% they're uninsured too dont lose your NCB over one of these people - Report em! :det:

A MISSION to rid Manchester of illegal motorists

It is an ongoing scheme which aims to make the city a better place to live and work.

Untaxed vehicles including a private hire car and a

Attached Files

• Attached File  11.jpg   12.03KB   14 downloads

• DwaynecymN likes this
2010 (10) Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi Grey 5dr
2011 (61) Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi Black 5dr
joeblunt@hotmail.com

#2 whatsinaname

whatsinaname

2.0 Hdi Exclusive Silver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts
  • Interests:fishing, motorbikes, garden, my dog

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:49 PM

they've already be doing it down here all cars without tax have been clamped then towed away they had people with good jobs and very expensive cars it waqs a full page in our local rag

#3 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,561 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 15 August 2005 - 06:37 AM

A while ago it was noted that a car in the carpark had no tax, and two bald tyres. The hotline was called and the info given. What happened, Sorry it's on private property and we can't do it. But it will be on the queen's highway at 4pm. Still nothing. What happened to SORN then and we don't have to see it to know?
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#4 trainspotter

trainspotter

53 HDi Exclusive in med blue ..private plate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 07:45 AM

I have informed on a few times ....each time .the cars in question are still roaming around......very disheartening.. :bhead:

But I will continue...to rid the world of anything bad...that is my mission. :ph34r:

Attached Files

• Attached File  111.JPG   12.71KB   13 downloads

#5 JoeBlunt

JoeBlunt

✩1.6 Hdi Desire 2 16v ✩

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,018 posts
  • Interests:Digital Photography (Wish I had more time to learn all the tricks), Home Computing, Family stuff really i.e. eating out, holidays abroad, etc.........

Posted 15 August 2005 - 07:46 AM

A while ago it was noted that a car in the carpark had no tax, and two bald tyres. The hotline was called and the info given. What happened, Sorry it's on private property and we can't do it. But it will be on the queen's highway at 4pm. Still nothing. What happened to SORN then and we don't have to see it to know?

Trouble is its probably not registered to anyone & if its on Private Property different rules apply, i.e. the council have to put a sticker on it giving the owner 7 days to remove it.
Now if this is say your company's car park and they give written permission to remove untaxed vehicles on thier premises it can be treated as the road by the local authority.
The DVLA do not have the power to stop vehicles so it should be reported to the Police what time it arrives / departs the car park its a Police matter if its being driven, however it is possible that DVLA sent an Officer to the location to sight the vehicle leaving the car park so you wouldn't be aware of this and if it is SORN'd possibly the keeper has been dealt with at thier address.
joeblunt@hotmail.com

#6 dave-r

dave-r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts
  • Interests:Trains (O gauge models) Computors & gadgets, Sound engineering live & recording, audio & visual, caravaning, latest interest I've got a sit on Kayak keeps me fit, using it 2-3 times a week

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:17 PM

Works here even if on private property, if you know it weren't there yesterday & it's your property they then assume it was driven on road to get there & lift it. They call it Operation Cubit, some very upset people here, great why should they get away with it. :)

Community "police" Warden is very helpful if you need proof it was there one day & not day before.
Nissan Primastar 29 SE Silver (van) 53
Renault Traffic in disguise

Picasso 2.0Hdi Desire Islandic Green 05

I'd rather be Kayaking

#7 JoeBlunt

JoeBlunt

✩1.6 Hdi Desire 2 16v ✩

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,018 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:43 PM

Works here even if on private property, if you know it weren't there yesterday & it's your property they then assume it was driven on road to get there & lift it. They call it Operation Cubit, some very upset people here, great why should they get away with it. :)

Community "police" Warden is very helpful if you need proof it was there one day & not day before.

Operation Cubit does not work like that, they can give a 7 day notice and then remove it after 7 days from private property only vehicles on public areas can be lifted or clamped without this warning. Sounds to me like either the DVLA's contractors or the Council maybe doing it wrong.
A Community Police Warden, PCSO, Police Officer or the DVLA Officials cannot remove any vehicle on an assumption. The Keeper could say it was delivered there on a low loader!

What area are you talking about? :det:
joeblunt@hotmail.com

#8 dave-r

dave-r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts
  • Interests:Trains (O gauge models) Computors & gadgets, Sound engineering live & recording, audio & visual, caravaning, latest interest I've got a sit on Kayak keeps me fit, using it 2-3 times a week

Posted 29 October 2005 - 02:24 PM

Thats how it happened, Operation Cubit was working in the area that day the administrator saw the cars parked there the caretaker checked they were unauthorised to be there & had no tax so the administrator called the council hotline who said Cubit was in area that day, they came & lifted the cars, job done. :D Don't know about rules :unsure: but it wasn't an assumption as it was witnessed the cars were driven in from Highway.

Who cares anyway untaxed vechiles need stamping out everyway we can :angry:
Nissan Primastar 29 SE Silver (van) 53
Renault Traffic in disguise

Picasso 2.0Hdi Desire Islandic Green 05

I'd rather be Kayaking

#9 rdfb2

rdfb2

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:everything + nothing

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:44 PM

we live at the end of a small close of 10 houses, yellow lines everywhere as train station +shops near by the amount of cars who try to hide thier untaxed cars in our close normally half way accross my drive,they think out of sight and its safe, i report this on line ,not just out of spite,but to help rid the streets of cars that normally have no insurance or mot either,and are a danger to all so if you see untaxed car report it simple as that, rdfb2.
2001 SX 1.6 PETROL.

#10 jezham

jezham

Citroen Picasso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:51 AM

I just wanted to comment on this because sometimes victims are being given an even harder time!

It's September tomorrow, and I'm in my last month of tax. Now, I fully intend to tax my Pic, but I can't...because DVLA are taking forever to send the log book, this is mostly due to adding a private plate. But here's the thing, my insurance runs out in a week, and rather than renew it I have no choice but to park it up until I plate it (as a private hire vehicle) before the end of the month. Now, this is all getting confusing to even remember which order I plan to do things, but at the end of the day, one piece of red tape or another is sure to have me run a few extra circles and before I know it time will be too late, and some neighbour or another will be thinking the worst of me!

It's tough doing the right thing, but I'll get there in the end :-)
ex drives

#11 Ross 744

Ross 744

1.6 Hdi (110) Excl (Storm Grey)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Interests:Aviation (Future Pilot), Picasso's (Ofcourse :P), Photography, Travelling, My Dog (Max-Border Collie)

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:50 AM

I had the same problem. I have only 5 days ago recieved my TAX reminder as the inital one was sent in my grandmother's name! It said in there to dispose of it if you are no longer the vehicles owner. My tax runs out today so going to go out and put my new disc up now before the nosey woman up the road tries to report me <_<
PRESENT
NEW: '53 Volkswagen Bora 1.9TDi 150 Sport in Bora Bora Red

PAST
NEW: '54 1.6HDi 110 Exclusive in Storm Grey with Full Panoramic Sunroof
OLD: '04 2.0HDi Exclusive in Arctic Steel with Full Panoramic Sunroof
OLDEST: '02 1.6i SX in Sahara Gold

Future Airline Pilot

#12 JoeBlunt

JoeBlunt

✩1.6 Hdi Desire 2 16v ✩

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,018 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:36 AM

I don't actually mind paying road tax (although not too please it doesn't get spent entirely on the roads) my Pic is
joeblunt@hotmail.com

#13 rdfb2

rdfb2

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:everything + nothing

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:26 PM

joe you can always pop down to me, use the woolwich ferry for free, then borough my scooter to drive into london for free, at the moment that is, ha ha.
2001 SX 1.6 PETROL.

#14 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:30 AM

Now we have waved good bye to the tax disc, an instant visual indication for any passing person to find a tax dodger, is it a bad move as I believe it to be, there is still the facility to check a vehicles tax status by logging onto the dvla site and entering the reg plate and make, instantly the tax and mot info will be displayed, but using your eyes was a lot quicker than using your computer

#15 stimulator

stimulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,561 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:15 AM

Ah yes but all this they say is to save money, no tax disc to issue and post to you. BUT IF YOU LOOK at it from a different point of view it panders to the invasion of privacy laws. I can't now tell DVLA that a car is untaxed as there is no visual indicator, so I am not invading someone's privacy who wishes to defy the law. So he can't sue me of the DVLA for invading his life. STUPID rules.
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#16 granpa

granpa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:38 PM

Don't tell me the uk goody goody brigage and euro idiots have joined forces. What a vehicle wants is visual indication of tax, mot & insurance, and maybe a foolproof system that identifies the driver is free of drink and drugs, not asking much is it.

If the self driving car becomes a reality no one needs to be a qualified driver, we are all passengers and can get as stoned as we want

Edited by granpa, 24 March 2015 - 04:41 PM.

#17 granpa

granpa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:17 PM

Right, lets have your thoughts on this......road tax is no longer transferable with the car, so as soon as you and your car part company the tax is surrendered leaving an untaxed car, ok so far, how then do second hand car dealers manage to place cars for sale actually on the highway with the sale price prominent in the windscreen, surely those cars are untaxed with the new ruling, and there are no 'trade plates' on view

• The Welshman likes this

#18 wanna new picasso

wanna new picasso

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 05:59 PM

Iv'e reported a couple of cars where i live. both looked like they have not been driven for some time. within 2 weeks they disappeared. one ended up a nearby drive.

Coming soon C4 Cactus Flair 1.2. eat 6 in blue.

Ford Cmax tcdi

C4 Picasso vtr Tivoli Blue
C3 Picasso Exclusive white.
C4 Picasso SX Tivoli Blue
C5 vtr Iron Grey
Xsara picasso SX arctic blue
do i like Citroens?

#19 gray

gray

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:52 AM

Iv'e reported a couple of cars where i live. both looked like they have not been driven for some time. within 2 weeks they disappeared. one ended up a nearby drive.

The new place is:

https://forms.dft.go...ntaxed-vehicle/

:)

#20 stimulator

stimulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,561 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:22 AM

Around here the council go round clamping untaxed cars parked on the public roadpr in council carparks. They put a sticker on the screen that says tax within 7 days or we crush it. Many are crushed, many are not old though and I have seen tjrnm being driven before. Anyway I've no sympathy with owner tax it or SORN it or loose it.