#1 jimmy_d

jimmy_d

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 08:48 AM

Hello everyone,

I am, finally, meant to be having this fitted by All Electirc of Harborne, Birmingham tomorrow, Monday.

This dealership has been so bad its gone beyond a joke, but the part has been on order for ages and hey its free.

My issue is wether I have any confidence in them being able to fit the protectuer properly (though I understand it is really easy to fit) and whether essentially it is really worth having done ie. its effectiveness and how it looks.

I haven't seen one fitted (can't find a photo on the web either) and should be grateful if anyone of you helpful people out there could post some photos so that I can make the final decision to proceed with it.

#2 britbulldog1066

britbulldog1066

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 09:57 AM

Sorry about the poor quality.

Attached Files

#3 britbulldog1066

britbulldog1066

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 09:58 AM

And again.

Attached Files

#4 britbulldog1066

britbulldog1066

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 09:59 AM

And again.

Attached Files

#5 JoeBlunt

JoeBlunt

✩1.6 Hdi Desire 2 16v ✩

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,018 posts
  • Interests:Digital Photography (Wish I had more time to learn all the tricks), Home Computing, Family stuff really i.e. eating out, holidays abroad, etc.........

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:25 AM

:det:

Attached Files

2010 (10) Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi Grey 5dr
2011 (61) Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi Black 5dr
joeblunt@hotmail.com

#6 JoeBlunt

JoeBlunt

✩1.6 Hdi Desire 2 16v ✩

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,018 posts
  • Interests:Digital Photography (Wish I had more time to learn all the tricks), Home Computing, Family stuff really i.e. eating out, holidays abroad, etc.........

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:27 AM

Its fixed with doubled sided tape BTW :det:

Attached Files

joeblunt@hotmail.com

#7 JoeBlunt

JoeBlunt

✩1.6 Hdi Desire 2 16v ✩

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,018 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:28 AM

Attached Files

joeblunt@hotmail.com

#8 JoeBlunt

JoeBlunt

✩1.6 Hdi Desire 2 16v ✩

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,018 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:29 AM

Attached Files

joeblunt@hotmail.com

#9 Rob.S

Rob.S

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts
  • Interests:Severn Valley Railway. Steam Locomotives. Photography. Rallying

Posted 24 July 2005 - 11:10 AM

Jimmy.... As it's free, I would say that it's worth getting done, as it does reduce - but not eliminate glare. Some owners (including me) have problems with the edges lifting. This can be cured by adding more double sided tape.

If you have time, I would de-grease the dashboard yourself - just in case the fitter can't be bothered ;). Don't use cockpit cleaner or similar, you don't want a layer of polish on the plastic. I used meths, but soapy water would do - unless someone posts differently. :)
'02 2.0Hdi.... in Cool Mint

Volunteer worker... Severn Valley Railway.

"Understeer" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"Oversteer" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"Horsepower" is how fast you hit the fence.
"Torque" is how far you take the fence with you.

View my Flickr photos here

How to drive in snow - no studs !!!

#10 jimmy_d

jimmy_d

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 12:23 PM

Thanks very much, very helpful.

It doesn't look too bad so I will go ahead with it.

#11 JoeBlunt

JoeBlunt

✩1.6 Hdi Desire 2 16v ✩

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,018 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 03:42 PM

Thanks very much, very helpful.

It doesn't look too bad so I will go ahead with it.

I think it actually enhances the dash area because it breaks up that boring grey area....................... B)
joeblunt@hotmail.com

#12 how-bizarre

how-bizarre

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:18 PM

Hello everyone,

I am, finally, meant to be having this fitted by All Electirc of Harborne, Birmingham tomorrow, Monday.

This dealership has been so bad its gone beyond a joke, but the part has been on order for ages and hey its free.

My issue is wether I have any confidence in them being able to fit the protectuer properly (though I understand it is really easy to fit) and whether essentially it is really worth having done ie. its effectiveness and how it looks.

I haven't seen one fitted (can't find a photo on the web either) and should be grateful if anyone of you helpful people out there could post some photos so that I can make the final decision to proceed with it.

thanks in advance,

:woot:

I asked about the dash mat he said it was not a warranty item and that CUK were getting fed up with this web site and the amount of people wanting dash mats, and the info it gives the public. He then said they would not be giving any more dash mats as warranty items as this was not a problem in their eyes. So the bottom line is CUK monitor this site.

i think you need to make your mind up CUK. if you do monitor this site then why don't you listen to your customers.we don't moan for the sake of it.

#13 Tiny1

Tiny1

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:41 AM

Phoned CUK personally this morning to ask about the dash mat, talked to one of their operators (customer relation support co-ordinators) Michael. Told him of the problem with the glare His script was it was not a problem in CUK's eyes and there has never been any free dash mats issued free from this office. I told him that I had a copy of a letter contradicting every thing he has just told me and the letter was from CUK in slough where he was sitting. Then it was contact your local dealer they sell them as accessories.

#14 GottaPicasso

GottaPicasso

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:22 PM

YES - we all know it's a warrantee job, as do CUK. They authorised and did mine about a year ago. While it was being fitted the main stealer checked the car over and told us that front brakes were neede at about

#15 mrwhipster

mrwhipster

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:1.6Hdi Exclusive in Saharah Gold

Posted 02 August 2005 - 01:16 PM

If CUK don't acknowledge that the glare is a problem, why do Citroen list anti-glare dash mats as an accessory. The very fact that such an add-on exists is surely an admission of a problem. It's not an area likely to suffer from wear over the years so to call it a protector sounds to me like a bit of word play. They say it is a protector, but the actual purpose is to reduce windscreen glare.

IMO it should be a safety recall. The glare and reflection onto the windscreen borders on dangerous sometimes. Almost strobe like on a sunny day when driving down a tree-lined road.

#16 how-bizarre

how-bizarre

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 01:27 PM

If CUK don't acknowledge that the glare is a problem, why do Citroen list anti-glare dash mats as an accessory. The very fact that such an add-on exists is surely an admission of a problem. It's not an area likely to suffer from wear over the years so to call it a protector sounds to me like a bit of word play. They say it is a protector, but the actual purpose is to reduce windscreen glare.

IMO it should be a safety recall. The glare  and reflection onto the windscreen borders on dangerous sometimes. Almost strobe like on a sunny day when driving down a tree-lined road.

i have contacted CUK three times regarding this problem. it just falls on deaf ears. they dont care. all they say is contact your dealer. just passing the buck because the dealer has to get authorisation from CUK to do the work under warranty.just going round in circles. :bhead: :bhead:

#17 keithyb

keithyb

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:44 PM

I have tried both CUK and my local dealer and they know nothing of this part.

The woman I spoke to at CUK offered to send me out an accessories brochure, but I wanted to talk to someone about how bad the bloody glare is and how I shouldn't have to pay for it with no luck.

My local dealer suggested I go back to the woman at CUL and ask for a part number.
I told him the woman at CUK probably didn't even know what a Pic looked like, never mind know a part number for a bit of plastic.

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone to speak to at CUK, or provide a part number for my local dealer.

Any idea of cost if I have to pay for it myself would be useful also.

Cheers

#18 Guest_Ice Pic_*

Guest_Ice Pic_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:09 PM

:cheers: Part Number - 8211J5

#19 how-bizarre

how-bizarre

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:25 PM

I have tried both CUK and my local dealer and they know nothing of this part.

The woman I spoke to at CUK offered to send me out an accessories brochure, but I wanted to talk to someone about how bad the bloody glare is and how I shouldn't have to pay for it with no luck.

My local dealer suggested I go back to the woman at CUL and ask for a part number.
I told him the woman at CUK probably didn't even know what a Pic looked like, never mind know a part number for a bit of plastic.

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone to speak to at CUK, or provide a part number for my local dealer.

Any idea of cost if I have to pay for it myself would be useful also.

Cheers

i think i read somewhere they are about

#20 RickyP

RickyP

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:18 PM

I've been trying for the last year to get my reseller (Worley's of High Wycombe) to order and fit the Protecteur. I wondered if it actually made a difference?

As an aside I had the supsension cups fitted today and whilst waiting saw 2 new Picasso0's that had dark non-reflective dashboards - has CUk finally listened?