4 replies to this topic

#1 topskull

topskull

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:59 AM

I have had my new 1.6HDI Pic since Thursday (16th Sep) and have covered 500 miles already.

I am very pleased with it, however, there seems to be a lot of left to right play in the brake pedal, its a bit wobbley.

Is this normal :huh:

#2 Rob Roy

Rob Roy

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 09:22 AM

Hi Topskull. Just checked my brake pedal (02 HDI) and there's no sideways movement. Doesn't sound right to me, unless Citroen, have changed the pedal set up for the 1.6. Contact your dealer, pronto, mate. Can't take risks with brakes.
Anyone out there with a 1.6 HDI concur?

Regards
RR

#3 trillian

trillian

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 10:07 AM

My 1.6 HDi has some sidesways play in the brake pedal..... it moves perhaps a quarter of an inch from side to side measured at the pedal itself. I hadn't noticed this before, and it doesn't seem excessive to me and hasn't worried me at all.... but I note that there is no sideways play at all in the clutch or accelerator pedals.

#4 topskull

topskull

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 11:26 AM

Trillian,

I agree, that my pedal has the same amount of movement, while both others have no movement.

I dont think it is a safety issue but will mention it at the 1000/1500 first service/checkout

#5 dmaltby

dmaltby

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 03:57 PM

I noticed exactly the same thing with my 1.6HDi when new. Asked them to have a look at the 1000 mile service and they said it was normal for this car.