• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c3 pic blueHDI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 21 November 2020 - 03:12 PM

This is the first time I have come across Auto-renewal for House Insurance, its time all insurances had an 'opt out' box you could tick when applying for a policy, its a right con, unless you can make contact via email you can rack up a sizeable bill on the phone with some companies who love to keep you waiting in an 'alleged' queue

• Supercar likes this

#2 Supercar

Supercar

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 05:30 PM

This is the first time I have come across Auto-renewal for House Insurance, its time all insurances had an 'opt out' box you could tick when applying for a policy, its a right con, unless you can make contact via email you can rack up a sizeable bill on the phone with some companies who love to keep you waiting in an 'alleged' queue

I am sorry sir if you pay by credit card you will have to agree automatic subscription at next year renewal unless you cancel before hand.

By chance I arrived home early from holiday by one day under the cooling off 14 day period. I noticed the wrong auto phrase had been used I phoned up immediately to inform them to correct otherwise I would have incurred a fee of £30

#3 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,689 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 21 November 2020 - 07:52 PM

My policy is auto renew but they inform me 1 month before hand what the renewal will be. It then goes on to say that it will be renewed on NN date UNLESS I cancel the policy before hand.
So far their premium has not been bettered by any comparison site
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP