#1 thegoat

thegoat

Rusty Goat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 06:44 AM

hi folks

looking for a new(secondhand) car just love the old Picasso (got a 55 reg) just does everything i want

Take the rear seats out and undo the front passenger seat and its a van, i can pick up most of the stuff i know.

Mrs has a Hyundai IX20 and drive wise its right for me, but really want something where i can take out the rear seats like the pic, so any suggestions ?

Petrol as i don't go to far or use it that often (mostly runs to the dump) think i did less than 2000miles in last 15months

#2 Marvin

Marvin

Skoda Yeti SE Greenline II, 1.6TDi, Steel Grey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:41 AM

Try a Skoda Yeti...... I'm on my second one now.  The 1.2 TSi petrol engine is a willing workhorse,  and the car is well-built. Based on the VW Golf platform,  most of the parts are marked VW/Audi:  engine, transmission,  running gear etc.  Just the body shell is from Skoda,  and the Yeti has a better reliability rating than VWs.   Good high seating position.  Rear seats can be removed (though they are reputed to be very heavy...I've never taken mine out so can't comment).  Available in a variety of trim levels, and the DSG (automatic) version I now have is an absolute dream to drive.  Things to avoid?... versions with a panoramic sun-roof..... they have a tendency to leak.   They stopped being produced in 2017,  and loads of people who have them and are looking to replace are finding it hard to identify a worthy alternative. 

• thegoat likes this

"Life? Don't talk to me about life....."

#3 Avon

Avon

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 09:21 AM

The post 2016 Picassos (Spacetourer) with the 1.2 petrol are very affordable now. I'm well pleased with mine, the rear seats don't come out but do fold completely flat.

For ultimate versatility get a Berlingo, I still miss mine but it was a bit basic to drive.

Edited by Avon, 16 October 2020 - 09:24 AM.

• thegoat likes this

2016 C4 Picasso Flair 1.2 Puretech

#4 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c3 pic blueHDI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 16 October 2020 - 11:33 AM

Interesting about the Berlingo, wanting to view and test drive one just the virus holding me back, primary conscern is surviving the damned thing to start with before making any move

#5 discv

discv

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 12:19 PM

Or, you could roll the dice and have a look at the C4 Grand Picasso :ph34r:

Give the autos a miss.

Go through history with a fine comb, and I mean receipts not just stamps in the book!

Avoid the 1.6 Hdi. Fabulous MPG- but lurking problems stemming from leaking injector seals.

Collapsed drivers seat will need replacing with a passenger seat from a left hooker.

I have had my fair share of grief with mine, but now that the problems have been sorted- what a super car it is.

• thegoat likes this

C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 HDi 16V FAP/DPFS 110, -Auto (DV6 - 80kW) (C4) (DT) (2008)

#6 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,683 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 16 October 2020 - 12:39 PM

Agreed steer clear (excuse pun) of any auto gearboxes unless they are a full torque converter type. EGS (normal box and clutch operated by actuators), I had on a C4 Pic was diabolical despite the dealer adjusting it. Sensomatic is also another name for similar system.
  • thegoat likes this
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#7 Lancelot

Lancelot

Lancelot the Beak now with a Kia Venga petrol Auto Type 3.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,839 posts
  • Interests:Computing. Grand Prix Motor Racing, Holidays in Western Australia each year, for 3 months.
    Red wine and Whisky, more Red Wine & Whisky.

Posted 16 October 2020 - 01:59 PM

Very true Stim, I wouldn't buy any Auto if it wasn't a Torque Converter. And I wouldn't go back to a manual box after driving them for just over 50 years and covering over 2,000,000 miles. 

Incidentally, we keep hearing of clutch failures, I had too many company cars to count but every one of them did over 130,000 miles before replacement and I never ever need a clutch replacement/repair.

The retired Beak with a 2ltr Petrol, Exclusive, Automatic, Picasso.
Arctic Steel - of course!

#8 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c3 pic blueHDI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:09 PM

Condition of the clutch used to be a vital point to be wary off when buying a used car, but now they almost seem to on for ever