Photo

2011 C3 Picasso - complete electrical craziness.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BlackCherry

BlackCherry

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 09:21 PM

First the 'power steering failure' warning flashed up - for a second. Then it disappeared. Then it was 'Brakes failure! STOP!'. That, too, disappeared after a fraction of a second. The car got me home with no issues.

Went out to it a few hours later and turned the key - no response from engine, but displays started going on and off - as did the wipers, headlamps and all other stuff; it acted as tho' possessed. It finally started, so off I went - with 'beeps', warnings, single-wipes, the odd display flicker and finally a loss of the speedo reading throughout my 10 minute journey.

What the? Any ideas?!

Thanks.

#2 cris1117

cris1117

1.6hi 110 (2007) X-Picasso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:57 AM

Get the battery tested then check all the earth connections.

#3 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,670 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:20 AM

Have look in the engine fuse box and pull out the centre plug the light brown one. Maron in French. They have a reputation for corroded pins, caused by the failure of the watertight seal between the two sections of the windscreen washer pump.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#4 Avon

Avon

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:06 PM

All signs of a failing battery. If it's more then a few years old just change it, don't bother trying to charge it or measure voltages.

2016 C4 Picasso Flair 1.2 Puretech

#5 nightmail

nightmail

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 08:14 AM

Hope he got home OK or still waiting for recovery?

#6 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c3 pic blueHDI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 09 April 2020 - 12:23 PM

Son had a flat battery the other day on his C3 pic, battery is only 2 years old, found the terminals were corroded, when it happened engine only clicked when trying to start, dash display flashing economy mode and particulate filter fault, ok after recharge [so far]