4 replies to this topic

#1 Supercar

Supercar

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:15 AM

Weather forecast is still not an exact science we should be shovelling snow off the drive if you were to believe the forecasters.

I check on Webcams in the Peak district to get an idea of the accuracy of their forecasting Leek town centre has one and there is one on the A53 to Buxton from Leek at The Winking Man Public House. There is a light covering there as viewed a few minutes ago check it out.

#2 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:35 PM

Our local weatherman used by the local rag is a standing joke with his forecasts, last autumn he was saying we were to expect thunder and lightening like the end of the world was due, ...zilch, last week it was 100mm snow on monday and tuesday..., result ...a few flurries of sleet, are they all bl00dy useless ? back to the pine cone, seaweed , etc

• Supercar likes this

#3 Supercar

Supercar

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:59 AM

Looks like they should have replaced Snow with Rain in their forecasts Dennis made a right mess of things after the Ciara trouncing.

That Flu in York will have washed away

#4 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 17 February 2020 - 09:12 AM

We had nothing worth mentioning round here, despite all the warnings and alerts about Dennis it was no more than a normal February shower with a bit of wind behind it, but it does sound like either side of us Manchester & Leeds got it

• Supercar likes this

#5 discv

discv

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 02:09 PM

I hear that Boris has stepped up to tackle the flooding problems. He's awarded [his mates] a billion £ contract to build a computer to forecast when it's going to rain!

Brings back memories of the Boris footbridge over the Thames, the Boris water cannons, the Boris airport in the Thames estuary. All never got off the ground- but put untold millions in the pockets of friends and families.

So lets see what happens now that the Chinese have offered to build HS2 in a quarter of the time and a great deal cheaper.

C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 HDi 16V FAP/DPFS 110, -Auto (DV6 - 80kW) (C4) (DT) (2008)