9 replies to this topic

#1 Supercar

Supercar

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 09:52 AM

I am in the process of changing from EOn to ESB.  I used Uswitch to get 'Best' deal for my usage it can take up to 3 weeks to change. So far it is working well I started the process on 07/01/2020 and 08/01/2020 was advised of my account and log in details. Today I provided my first meter readings online even though I have 'SMET 1' smart meters (ESB are not fully operational with them yet) They inform me 'S' Switch Day will be 29th. When I will receive my last bill from EOn. So hopefully they will not deduct my next Direct Debit on 2nd Feb so lets wait and see updates later :)

#2 Lancelot

Lancelot

Lancelot the Beak now with a Kia Venga petrol Auto Type 3.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,748 posts
  • Interests:Computing. Grand Prix Motor Racing, Holidays in Western Australia each year, for 3 months.
    Red wine and Whisky, more Red Wine & Whisky.

Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:14 AM

We're with E-on and I've tried severa; comparison site.  The best anyone can do is save me £41 a year.  I pay by Direct Debit at £63 a month.

• Supercar likes this
The retired Beak with a 2ltr Petrol, Exclusive, Automatic, Picasso.
Arctic Steel - of course!

#3 Avon

Avon

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:21 AM

They will likely take the payment but don't worry too much. It's likely that the gas account will be underpaid at this time of year and once the accounts are finalised they will either take some more out of the direct debit or credit if over, this can take some weeks.

Whatever you do, don't cancel the direct debit. They will do that automatically on finalisation.

As far as Smart meters go, total waste of time and money. I speak as a Smart Electric and Gas installer from 2010 to 2015 and have seen first hand the problems involved.

• Supercar likes this

2016 C4 Picasso Flair 1.2 Puretech

#4 Supercar

Supercar

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:30 AM

I was on Eon Fixonline v34 changing to fixonline v35 so went to ESB Brighter Future 12 digital v4

Electric Unit price 14.001 Standing Charge 17.042. Gas Unit Price 2.562 standing charge16.957

That averaged out over year below £90 a month based on 

Usage  Electricity 2,581 Kw Gas 20,048 Kw

Smart reading usually about £3 to £4 a day at present Winter

#5 Supercar

Supercar

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:43 AM

They will likely take the payment but don't worry too much. It's likely that the gas account will be underpaid at this time of year and once the accounts are finalised they will either take some more out of the direct debit or credit if over, this can take some weeks.

Whatever you do, don't cancel the direct debit. They will do that automatically on finalisation.

As far as Smart meters go, total waste of time and money. I speak as a Smart Electric and Gas installer from 2010 to 2015 and have seen first hand the problems involved.

I have an E On Smart Phone APP that allows you to give readings so before I started process I sent readings in because it automatically deducts the used amount from your balance and updates the remaining credit balance on 7th January I was £148 in credit after the readings deducted. That is more than enough to zero balance the account without taking next month's D debit so will wait and see how much refund I get and if they do deduct on 2nd Feb as I said. By law they have to refund any surplus within 10 days so if they take D Debit that will be 12 th Feb Update later.

What SMET1 2019 meters look like below

Attached File  car forum1.jpg   83.67KB   0 downloads

Attached File  smet1.jpg   76.83KB   0 downloads

BREAKING NEWS :- ESB have just informed me SMET 1 will be updated in a few months so that it will revert back to ESB Smart meter after the update

Edited by Supercar, 27 January 2020 - 12:00 PM.

#6 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:53 PM

I switch either end of term or annually, now on 18 monther with Tonik Energy, no smart meter and dont particularly want one

#7 Supercar

Supercar

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:19 AM

Change over complete as planned 3 weeks after instigating.

New DD £84 rather than £90 awaiting refund now and surplus accrued in EOn account and February DD if they take it.

Smart meter not updating now until ESB aquire software update later in the year stuck on 36p today's usage.

Information here for SMETS1 and SMETS2 as well as proposed upgrades for those interested http://watt-logic.co...8/06/13/smets2/

Will update any further actions later

#8 Supercar

Supercar

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 06:45 PM

Got final statement today.

They suspend direct debit create final bill then send surplus in £.p to your bank account

Your credit balance is £7### CR Important information Please don't cancel your Direct Debit, we'll refund any credit straight to your bank account within 10 working days. If you have, don't worry we'll send you a cheque if we have a forwarding address. If you haven't had your refund in this time, please call us on 034

So started on 6th January now 8th February and could take up to 20th February before it is all finished so not 3 weeks is it?

Note SMETS1 meter still measures Kilowatts for Gas, Electric and Sum of Both i.e total kilowatts used so knowing your daily fixed charges for both and units used for both on your tariff you can work out usage in £.p

Edited by Supercar, 08 February 2020 - 07:03 PM.

#9 Supercar

Supercar

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 07:53 PM

If it was May I would be entitled to £30 looking at the rule book starting in May 2020 still awaiting surplus to return to my account

new rules May >> https://www.bbc.co.u...siness-51459525

#10 Supercar

Supercar

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:14 AM

Refund of surplus money occurred by reverse direct debit today so change complete timetable below will have to improve for 1st May 2020 new rules.

7th January 2020 process started

29th January 2020 Change Over day

8th February 2020 Receipt of Final Bill

13th February 2020 Return of surplus funds.

Will update outcome of SMETS1 meters update as and when it occurs.