#1 mf1999

mf1999

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:05 PM

Hi all,

I have a 2005 2.0 HDi xsara picasso and i would like to fit a cd changer to the car, is the wiring loom for the changer already in place? or do i have to purchase a loom and wire it to the radio myself?

Mine is a "desire" spec so mid range, as the radio has the button for a cd changer i would have thought the loom would be in place but obviously disconnected? or is there likely to be no loom there.

If there is a loom where am i likely to find it? i have taken a quick look in the storage area on the left hand side of the boot however i can see no plug even behind the cover.

Thanks in advance

Max

#2 Marvin

Marvin

Skoda Yeti SE Greenline II, 1.6TDi, Steel Grey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:47 AM

Do people still use CD's in cars?  If you're going for "retro" you might as well install an 8 track cassette system while you're about it!

Sorry,  I'm only being flippant because I can't answer your perfectly reasonable question.

"Life? Don't talk to me about life....."

#3 mf1999

mf1999

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:56 AM

That's fine, I have a few hundred cds and about 70 in the car and i want to keep the original stereo and have everything being period correct

#4 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,619 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:50 PM

The cd changer was usually fitted in the boot. On the left is a 12v power supply meant to be for a trailer tow bar. This is behind the passengers side panel in boot.
I can only suggest a visit to a car radio fitting shop.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP