• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blondchaser

blondchaser

1.6 Hdi (Royal Blue)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • Interests:fast trucks and even faster women.

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:41 PM

After owning 4 Xsara Picasso's I am toying with the idea of buying a C4 Picasso.

What are the disadvantages of the C4 over the Xsara  ?

Which variant of C4 is technically most basic ?

TIA

#2 Supercar

Supercar

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:39 AM

From 2013 the new Picasso C4 are built on the PSA Peugeot Citroen’s new EMP2 platform, which 140kg less approximately than Xsara.

the 90 BHP variant is the basic model with no add ons like VTR, VTR+  which are things like, heated seats etc.

I have had a 2013 1.6 Hdi VTR+ 90bhp 4 months now and it is a vast improvement in all areas on xsara in my opinion with a roomy boot when seats down. Downside You will need a '50 MPH' space saver wheel if previous owner took it out on selling it or compressor kit puncture repair kit.

Plenty of write ups on EMP2 and new model types online check it out.

#3 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,615 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 11 October 2019 - 06:50 PM

Had both a Xsara and the original normal size C4 Picasso. That C4 was a 58 reg. It was bigger than the Xsara felt like a greenhouse on wheels. It lasted 6 months before being traded. Didn't like the electric handbrake or the ESG gearbox. The layer C4 looks better it's smaller. But we weren't tempted by it. Went with the C3 Picasso instead.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP