Photo

1.6 Hdi irregular misfire then stops when warm.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stevepj

stevepj

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:14 AM

Hi. I am looking for some suggestions with this problem and someone can help.
The car is a 1.6 Hdi 92hp. It has suddenly started to Develop an irregular misfire after driving about 5 miles. The engine will then cut out and either restart and cut again or refuse to start at all. After leaving it to cool down for an hour or two it will restart and be driven for another 5 miles or so before repeating the same thing again. According to my Lexia the stored codes were P1113, P0087.
Last year I replaced the pressure sensor on the fuel rail which gave similar symptoms but was not related to engine temperature. It has been OK ever since. I believe there is a temperature sensor at the top rear left side of the engine and wondered if that would give these symptoms. Particularly as the problem seems temperature related. Or possibly the high pressure sensor is faulty again.
If anyone has found a solution to this problem before or has any ideas what to try I would be very grateful.
Steve.

#2 cris1117

cris1117

1.6hi 110 (2007) X-Picasso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:51 AM

I had the same thing a new crank sensor cured it. £25 and about 15 minutes to fit.

#3 blondchaser

blondchaser

1.6 Hdi (Royal Blue)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • Interests:fast trucks and even faster women.

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:26 PM

It's just a knot in the diesel  LOL

#4 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,615 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:01 PM

Could be the post heat system. Usually caused by preheat relay or the glow plugs.
Even though the preheat light doesn't come the glows are powered when the engine starts. They continue to be powered after engine start to ensure the the engine runs efficiently. Can be likened to a choke on petrol car.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP