• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 03 July 2019 - 08:58 AM

This site had a real buzz a couple of years ago, talk of forming a club with a car badge, banter, a real pleasure to open up each evening to the games, humour, general discussions, I suppose a lot of the posters have changed to different brands now Citroen have replaced the extremely well loved Xsara model whose only real fault was windscreen refection. It would be nice to know what these old members are driving now and if they like the replacement as much as the Xsara

Edited by granpa, 03 July 2019 - 09:00 AM.

#2 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,593 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 03 July 2019 - 04:32 PM

Like a lot of web site forums they run their course. The same problems come up over and over and members get annoyed with having to answer them again. Hence the membership shrinks and goes elsewhere.
I now drive a C3 MK3 Flair 1.2 cc 3 cylinder 110 bhp full automatic 6 speed. I love it. I loved my Xrara Pic but other pics fell short on the promise.
I am member of the C3 owners club on face book. I check in here once in a while as I always try to help others even thought the question has been asked before.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#3 Lancelot

Lancelot

Lancelot the Beak now with a Kia Venga petrol Auto Type 3.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,694 posts
  • Interests:Computing. Grand Prix Motor Racing, Holidays in Western Australia each year, for 3 months.
    Red wine and Whisky, more Red Wine & Whisky.

Posted 03 July 2019 - 05:03 PM

I check in here every day although it's 5 years since I sold the Pic.  Now on my second KIA Venga mainly because it is one of the few cars able to fit in my narrow drive and still allow me to open the door to get in and out. It is a great car but I miss the 2ltr Petrol Auto Pic.  KIA have moved on from being a bit poor, to good well built car with a 7 year warranty.  Service has been a pleasure with KIA Stockton on Tees.

The retired Beak with a 2ltr Petrol, Exclusive, Automatic, Picasso.
Arctic Steel - of course!

#4 gray

gray

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 09:56 AM

The  move from traditional forums to social media has decreased activity in here and other ones I frequent...   There are several quite active Xsara Picasso Groups on FaceBook though (yes - i know, Granpa  :) )    ...  

#5 mcdig

mcdig

Med Blue HDI owners club

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:34 AM

Still lurking about in the background :ph34r: :ph34r:

Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

#6 Lancelot

Lancelot

Lancelot the Beak now with a Kia Venga petrol Auto Type 3.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,694 posts
  • Interests:Computing. Grand Prix Motor Racing, Holidays in Western Australia each year, for 3 months.
    Red wine and Whisky, more Red Wine & Whisky.

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:37 PM

Wonder if it is becuse nobody has a problem with the cars these days!!!

The retired Beak with a 2ltr Petrol, Exclusive, Automatic, Picasso.
Arctic Steel - of course!