Photo

Help needed with general emissions issues.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 discv

discv

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 05:56 PM

Does anyone know (or know someone) that could give me pointers. I have scoured the net but failed to hurdle the wall of silence.

I have an Mot/emissions problem with our 57 C3 1.4 petrol, but the issues will not be make/model specific.

The emissions are so bad the tester aborted the tests. I have no MIL triggered, and only a stored fault code relating to a brake switch.

Here's the big 'but', and where I need help. I am sure I can see errors in the following live data graphs- my question is should these oddities bring on the MIL.

Attached File  SCR004.JPG   108.71KB   0 downloads

The RPM can be seen to vary, but engine status shows as 'idle'. The track 1 is showing flat line?

Attached File  SCR 01.JPG   150.27KB   0 downloads

The down stream C02 sensor should be showing a fairly flat line. So either the sensor is duff or the Cat is US. (I think)

I have collected other shots of things I find odd, but bear in mind that I am completely out of my depth! But quotes from 500 to 2000 squid are making me swim! 

Back to my question- should the anomalies I perceive throw up codes and trigger the MIL 

C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 HDi 16V FAP/DPFS 110, -Auto (DV6 - 80kW) (C4) (DT) (2008)

#2 gittos

gittos

1.6 Blue HDi EAT6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:06 PM

I had one of my Citroens fail the emmisions, I think it could have been my XPic.

The mechanic was pretty sure it was a faulty Lambda Sensor (which it was), no MIL light showing, don't know about fault codes as they weren't read. Sensor changed and all ok.

• discv likes this
  • Was - 2002 1.6 Petrol Picasso SX     Then -2009 C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 VTI Petrol   Then- 2015 C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue HDi EAT6 Exclusive   Now..2018 C4 Picasso 1.2 PureTech Feel EAT6

#3 discv

discv

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 05:07 PM

Thanks for the input gittos. As you can see I'm in a lonely place here!

I believe that this car has only done a few short journeys in the last few years- and I think that some cob webs need blowing out.

I can see a slight improvement in the down stream O2 sensor as we put a few miles on the clock.

Attached File  SCR005.JPG   140.88KB   0 downloads

See here that the graph is starting to flat line.

I'm waiting on a couple of 'universal' O2 sensors from China

C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 HDi 16V FAP/DPFS 110, -Auto (DV6 - 80kW) (C4) (DT) (2008)