• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,332 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:59 AM

On a planet that is allegedly heading for terminal global warming in the next decade according to Attenborough, are we to blame or is it the start of yet another Ice Age event in a natural cycle? I shudder listening to the proposals the want implementing to delay this event, ultra efficient homes, electric vehicles, windfarms on every horizon, all this while the rest of the world continues to erase forests and pump out pollution every second of every day, remembering aviation will be exempt from any changes. Will it happen, not long ago they were worried about a hole in the ozone layer, heard nothing since

#2 Lancelot

Lancelot

Lancelot the Beak now with a Kia Venga petrol Auto Type 3.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,687 posts
  • Interests:Computing. Grand Prix Motor Racing, Holidays in Western Australia each year, for 3 months.
    Red wine and Whisky, more Red Wine & Whisky.

Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:14 PM

Climate is cyclic.  Anything that we do will have minimal effect and cost billions.  Also the U.K is one of the best in the world on emissions, and beats the other E.U countries.  Yes, we can work for better efficiency and lower costs but many of the things suggested will improve things very little.

The retired Beak with a 2ltr Petrol, Exclusive, Automatic, Picasso.
Arctic Steel - of course!