Photo

how do I replace airbag connector (under seat)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thegoat

thegoat

Rusty Goat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:28 AM

hi folks, been a long time, had thid probelm a long time at the last MOT i fixed it but as soon as I drove home from the garage it came on again been on since them, the connector under the passenger seat is broken (happened when I took the seat out) I was thinking about replacing the connector with one of these in the photo, it doesn't have the "earth" strip that the original connector has but that is only relevant when the connector is disconnected, what do you think ?

Attached Files

#2 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:09 AM

In your situation I would be looking at a buying a mating pair, male and female, of connector holding the correct number of wires for the job then replace both for under the seat, a store similar to the ex- Maplins would have what you want, be prepared to do some soldering though

#3 thegoat

thegoat

Rusty Goat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:41 AM

thanks, already got  some of the connectors above, so was going to use them, it was more a question of do you think there is anything special about the factory fitted connector ?

#4 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 02 May 2019 - 04:11 PM

Very much doubt it as long as changing seats doesn't become a habit