#1 itsbrasso

itsbrasso

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 10:05 AM

Morning all, 

Now that the weather seems to be improving, i'm looking at replacing my crankshaft sensor.

My car is a 2007 1.6hdi, and i have been having some errors of late, I believe this may be the culprit.

Now know that it is behind the lower pulley, but how do you go on about removing the old on and replacing it with a new on. I can see what looks like a 8mm bolt holding it to the engine block, but when i tried last year, this didn't work and it seemed to be held in behind the pulley.?

Any insight or help that i could receive on this matter i would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by itsbrasso, 17 March 2019 - 10:07 AM.

#2 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,604 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 17 March 2019 - 10:18 AM

Do a search on the web for 1.6 HDi crankshaft sensor . Lots of tube videos, Peugeot is the same engine.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#3 discv

discv

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:23 PM

IIRC it is held by just the one torx and then is waggled out. The housing has an elongated fixing hole, and the issue is resetting the air gap between the sensor and pulley. This could be a problem with the top pulley cover in place.

For some reason, I know not why, setting up the air gap is not necessary if a new sensor is being fitted. I would guess that some form of spacer is stuck to the new sensor which flicks off when the sprocket turns.

C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 HDi 16V FAP/DPFS 110, -Auto (DV6 - 80kW) (C4) (DT) (2008)