2 replies to this topic

#1 cheapopic

cheapopic

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:36 PM

So the picasso goes in for an mot and DURING the MOT the fog lights stop working ...they worked briefly ...then went out.

I've now had 3 different lights stop working during the MOT tests for the last 3 years WTF.....

anyway got the car home and on Lexia ..BSI drives the lights ok during actuator tests .. but the control tests failed on the stalk ... in the end traced to 2 broken conductors in the ribbon cable inside the indicator/fog stalk.

I thought oh poo a new com2000 but a quick search on ebay and turns out we can buy NEW stalks separately from the whole delphi com2000 unit nowadays ....so  hopefully £25 and it'll pass .

Edited by cheapopic, 13 March 2019 - 01:37 PM.

#2 gray

gray

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:31 PM

Rear fog light ?

Didn't think fronts were mot testable...... 

#3 cheapopic

cheapopic

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:30 PM

no...BUT strictly speaking if front fog's are fitted the 'telltale' (fog light indicator light)  in the dash for the front fogs has to work to pass a uk mot...regardless of weather the front fogs work or not.

but as the stick was as fault none of the fog lights worked (front or rear) or they're telltale's.

Anyway As I have a Delphi Com2000 unit this item from Ebay <<click sorted the problem.

Fairly easy job in the end....it's got one more years MOT now.

• gray likes this