#1 gittos

gittos

1.6 Blue HDi EAT6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:21 PM

This may be of interest...

• Was - 2002 1.6 Petrol Picasso SX     Then -2009 C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 VTI Petrol   Then- 2015 C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue HDi EAT6 Exclusive   Now..2018 C4 Picasso 1.2 PureTech Feel EAT6

#2 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:58 AM

Exactly... locally I have come across a double decker bus on the Leeds -Halifax route on two separate occasions which either has this system or has idle problems the mechanics cant cure, I suspect the former, at every stop, whether a road junction or passenger stop, the bus gives a judder and falls silent as the ventilation/ heating system also stops, then gives another shake as the engine restarts to move off, I does not give a comfortable ride for the passengers at all

#3 discv

discv

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 10:59 AM

But the fatal flaw in this guys point is that the stop/start system is not aimed, or claimed, to save money.

Its sole purpose is to reduce emissions.

The point about the lurking danger of being without immediate engine power when, for example, turning right is an eye opener though.

C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 HDi 16V FAP/DPFS 110, -Auto (DV6 - 80kW) (C4) (DT) (2008)

#4 gittos

gittos

1.6 Blue HDi EAT6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:26 PM

But the fatal flaw in this guys point is that the stop/start system is not aimed, or claimed, to save money.
Its sole purpose is to reduce emissions.

He was debunking the claim of the original video makers claims on fuel saving not the reduction in pollution....but that may be questionable also, as I am told that the fuel used to restart an engine can be more than idling if the engine is only stopped for a few seconds..correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Was - 2002 1.6 Petrol Picasso SX     Then -2009 C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 VTI Petrol   Then- 2015 C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue HDi EAT6 Exclusive   Now..2018 C4 Picasso 1.2 PureTech Feel EAT6