6 replies to this topic

#1 newpicman

newpicman

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 06:42 PM

Some my 65 plate C4 Picasso has a problem where when you press the start button it illuminates the screens. After this I dip the clutch and press the start button again. Sometimes this works, other times it doesn't. Anybody experienced anything like this before?
Thanks.

#2 gittos

gittos

1.6 Blue HDi EAT6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:41 PM

This is just a guess, but I think you may be confusing the car by pressing the start button then pressing the clutch and starting the car.

My car is an automatic, so I have to press the brake and press start, I don't press the start button to wake up the screens before pressing brake pedal and start button. Other than that I haven't heard of this happening before.

• Was - 2002 1.6 Petrol Picasso SX     Then -2009 C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 VTI Petrol   Then- 2015 C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue HDi EAT6 Exclusive   Now..2018 C4 Picasso 1.2 PureTech Feel EAT6

#3 newpicman

newpicman

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 09:12 PM

This is just a guess, but I think you may be confusing the car by pressing the start button then pressing the clutch and starting the car.

My car is an automatic, so I have to press the brake and press start, I don't press the start button to wake up the screens before pressing brake pedal and start button. Other than that I haven't heard of this happening before.

Ah maybe this is the problem, will check tomorrow. Many thanks for the reply.

#4 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,604 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 03 March 2019 - 09:51 PM

Cars with start/stop buttons should function as you say. It is permissible to press the button to wake car up and then later press the clutch down. Mines and Auto so in.my case it's the brake. If I just press the start button my info touch screen says to start car press brake.
Now your car is manual so it's possible that your clutch switch is playing up. It's mounted at the top of the pedal inside the car. Relatively cheap to buy.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#5 Avon

Avon

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:03 AM

Mine needs the clutch pedal fully pushed to the floor, anything less and it won't start.

No need to 'wake up' the car, just start it.

2016 C4 Picasso Flair 1.2 Puretech

#6 newpicman

newpicman

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:53 PM

Cars with start/stop buttons should function as you say. It is permissible to press the button to wake car up and then later press the clutch down. Mines and Auto so in.my case it's the brake. If I just press the start button my info touch screen says to start car press brake.
Now your car is manual so it's possible that your clutch switch is playing up. It's mounted at the top of the pedal inside the car. Relatively cheap to buy.

Thanks for the reply, will bear that in mind. I did try pressing the start button once with the clutch depressed every time (4 times) today and it started every time. Maybe a coincidence but will continue to monitor.

#7 newpicman

newpicman

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:54 PM

Mine needs the clutch pedal fully pushed to the floor, anything less and it won't start.
No need to 'wake up' the car, just start it.

Cheers, one to remember and try.