4 replies to this topic

#1 newpicman

newpicman

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:40 PM

After 10 years of owning a 56 plate xsara Picasso we have recently purchased a 65 plate C4 Picasso exclusive. One of the Anaconda alloys has been kerbed and I have seen a brand new 1 for sale so thought the kerbed one could do as a spare instead of the tyre repair kit. Does anybody know if it will fit in the boot where the pump and puncture kit is or is it only big enough for a space saver wheel?
Thanks in advance.

Edited by newpicman, 26 January 2019 - 07:56 PM.

#2 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,587 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:02 PM

Too be honest the only way you will find out is to try one of yours, yes s bind to have to take it off an axle or you could just measure one against the wheel well.
On the C3 Picasso the wheel well did take a full size spare are I bought one in place of the slime and pump. I wouldn't be surprised if one didn't fit as some models may have come with full size spare.
  • newpicman likes this
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#3 newpicman

newpicman

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:08 PM

Too be honest the only way you will find out is to try one of yours, yes s bind to have to take it off an axle or you could just measure one against the wheel well.
On the C3 Picasso the wheel well did take a full size spare are I bought one in place of the slime and pump. I wouldn't be surprised if one didn't fit as some models may have come with full size spare.

Thanks for the reply. As soon as I typed this out I thought about measuring the wheel. Will do that tomorrow if nobody confirms before.

#4 gittos

gittos

1.6 Blue HDi EAT6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:52 PM

There is only room for a space saver wheel, the standard 17" are too deep, so the floor won't fit. I know because I had a space saver in my 65 C4P.
  • newpicman likes this
  • Was - 2002 1.6 Petrol Picasso SX     Then -2009 C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 VTI Petrol   Then- 2015 C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue HDi EAT6 Exclusive   Now..2018 C4 Picasso 1.2 PureTech Feel EAT6

#5 newpicman

newpicman

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 06:40 PM

There is only room for a space saver wheel, the standard 17" are too deep, so the floor won't fit. I know because I had a space saver in my 65 C4P.

Cheers bottle, space saver it is then.