4 replies to this topic

#1 PJS54

PJS54

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:50 PM

This could open a whole can of worms, but can you recommend the most suitable tyres for a C3 Picasso 1.6HdiBlue?

By reading around, I think I've established that all-weather tyres are not a good idea because they are what you might call a jack-of-all-trades and master of none.

On the other hand, I doubt if many people can afford to change between winter and summer tyres, so how do you compromise?

I'm also confused by such oddities as Goodyear Effecient Grip tyres being exactly the same price for 87H and 87V (not that my Picasso will ever be in danger of maxing out speed-wise.

I currently have some Michelin Eco tyres on the front and what look like decent enough economy tyres on the back with loads of tread left. I've been dissatisfied with the amount of tyre noise of roads previously re-dressed with chippings, so any suggestions. 

I've always bought what seem to be the best budget brands in the past for previous cars, but I'll consider anything if it's genuinely worth it – bearing in mind the car's less than sporty performance. My opinionn was altered somewhat by a recent accident, when after applying my brakes on a wet road it didn't seem to slow down in the slightest before hitting a car in front (probably at the recommended stopping distance but I was going downhill.

#2 PJS54

PJS54

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:23 PM

The 'budget' tyres are Prestivo PV-S1 and the others are actually Michelin Energy Savers.

#3 fred

fred

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:14 PM

Michelin crossclimate have been great on my c3 pic. Very quiet too.

#4 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,579 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:48 PM

My C3 MK3 came with Good Year efficient tyres which amazed me as all.my other Citroen cars came with Michelin tyres. The Good Year tyres are very good, very quiet and a nice ride. I can't afford two sets of tyres and as I live in the south the need to actually change to winter tyres seems to be negated.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#5 scrantz

scrantz

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:12 PM

Michelin crossclimates on mine too :-) Been faultless during the summer and are performing brilliantly in this snow/slush/rain we are having at the moment.