5 replies to this topic

#1 Budd

Budd

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:09 PM

Hi all, any ideas? I have a 2015 C3 Picasso and my Bluetooth has been working fine, until now. My phone and the Mrs phone (both Iphone's with the latest software IOS 12.1.2 update) used to connect automatically once the ignition was turned on. This is now not the case, I have to go through the procedure of pairing the phones with the codes etc every time and that's if the car picks up the phones in the first place. Also, before this problem I used to be able to hear my text messages, not the end of the world of course but this to has stopped working. Has anyone experienced this before and has a fix?

Thank you

#2 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,574 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:43 PM

I think there is an ability on the system for you to tell it to forget the connection. Try that and get your phone to forget too. Now try a new pairing. Worth a try.
  • Budd likes this
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#3 Budd

Budd

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:13 PM

Hi, thank you for your info, its worth a try, I have tried the forgetting idea, car and phone and this has not changed the fault. I have just also read about a very similar fault on the ICE forum, it mentioned a replacement stereo and a Citroen plug in under warranty, unfortunately mines now out of its warranty. Maybe its time to fit a non standard Bluetooth stereo but I don't want to loose the reverse sensor audio warning, could this be a possible option??

#4 Avon

Avon

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:30 AM

I experienced a similar issue with Apple CarPlay following an Apple update. It used to automatically pair but now I have to unlock the phone before plugging it into the car USB..

A security patch I suppose. I guess you've already tried unlocking your phone though.

2016 C4 Picasso Flair 1.2 Puretech

#5 Budd

Budd

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:27 PM

Thank you Avon for your input, yes have been trying it with phone locked/unlocked, this makes no difference. The phone(s) connect perfectly and work well through Bluetooth once I’ve gone through the connection pairing bit but as soon as the ignition goes off, it forgets the phone(s). Strange one!!!! But the car/stereo used to remember it.

#6 Budd

Budd

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:02 PM

Just an update chaps, I thought I would pop into my local Citroen dealer where I bought the car from and fire some questions. They were most helpful, the paperwork came out and there was a software update using a dongle done through the USB port. In the stereo diagnostics mode, the software number 42410 was updated to the new software number of 43...(sorry, can't remember the rest of the numbers). After 30 minutes of updating the software, the fault was rectified. Happy days.