3 replies to this topic

#1 chinesederek

chinesederek

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:20 PM

I own a 58 plate C4 Picasso (72000mls)  which I am having problems getting through the mot due to the exhaust emission failure the garage i use which is an independent garage I have been using for many years has had it in three times within a week trying to get the readings low enough for a pass he has put a cleaner additive in the fuel tank several times which has brought the level down but not enough for a pass the guy who owns the garage tells me there is no fault code showing on the computer and on my suggestion of maybe changing the cat/exhaust he told me there is no gaurantee that would work as the computer show that there is no diagnostic fault code coming up and that could be unnecessary  expense. Has anyone else had this problem I would be interested to hear if they have.  Hopfully today it will get a pass as my tax expires at the end of this month and cannot renew it without an Mot. Many thanks Derek

• DwaynecymN likes this

#2 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,292 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:48 PM

No doubt you have given it a good thrashing to clean out the exhaust, one of my earlier diesels improved its readings after an oil change

#3 chinesederek

chinesederek

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:56 PM

Thank you for your reply , Yes i did thrash it I live in Southampton and drove twice to Bournemouth and once to Portsmouth each journey there and back about 25 - 40 miles my car has always been well serviced and sailed through the Mot test it is the new level of emission that the Government have set that is causing the problems the guy at the garage said he has had this problem about twenty times since the emission goalpost has changed.

#4 chinesederek

chinesederek

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:24 PM

Hooray the garage has just phoned me to say it has passed.

• gray likes this