2 replies to this topic

#1 lecreech

lecreech

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:42 AM

I have an '08 xsara picasso.  Got some funny issues going on.  First of all, when driving at night the high beams will not stay on- the will revert to dipped after a few seconds.  Secondly, when my headlamps are on, the turn indicators will stop working after a few seconds.  The indicators do not "cancel", as the stem on the steering column stays engaged, but the actual indicator lights themselves don't work.  In the daylight hours when the headlamps are not being used, the indicators work fine, it's only while using the headlamps that this is an issue.  I'm presuming both these issues are related, but would appreciate some advice as to the source of the problem.  Thanks very much.

• DwaynecymN likes this

#2 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,548 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:44 AM

I'd say you have a problem with the steering column wiring, The input to the BSI is through a signal bus (IIRC CAN BUS) and your indicators and lights are on same stalk and are interfering with each other

17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#3 gray

gray

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:49 AM

I'd say you have a problem with the steering column wiring, The input to the BSI is through a signal bus (IIRC CAN BUS) and your indicators and lights are on same stalk and are interfering with each other

Probably the Comm2000 module that the levers and switches plug into.  Expensive new, but not to bad through a scrappy.

It's possible to clean the contacts, but it's fiddly, and you have to take it off anyway....    search for Comm2000 on Youtube or Google.