4 replies to this topic

#1 nubee

nubee

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:30 PM

Having had to give up driving, my Wife now does the chauffeuring but comes to me when the car plays up, as she has just done.. The Drivers Window wont close. It is stuck half way up (down?) and as bad weather is forecast this week I am going to have to do something . Anyone got any Tips or Info on fixing it ? A Donation to Charity in the name of the Winner.

Thank you.

#2 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:53 PM

What car have you got, I have a c4 picasso and as an alternative to closing the windows on the switches when we park up, a long press on the keyfob lock button rolls the windows up, but similar to your fault my passenger window will play up occasionally when I try closing it from the drivers door switch, got to be a sticky switch in my case

#3 Ozzie

Ozzie

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 08:40 PM

could be a number of causes , can you hear the regulator motor attempting to move the window ?

there have been a number of posts on window problems  over the years , try a forum search  

here's one

http://www.citroenpi...oes-not-work/ 

I once did a temporary repair in bad weather , took off the door card and rammed a piece of batten under the glass to keep it up ! 

#4 nubee

nubee

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:50 AM

Thanks both. My Wife said it does sound as if the motor is trying to work, just wont move at all now. The car is a '54 Picasso Exclusive.I will look at those Links.

Wow, some food for thought on that Page. This is another job added to my list :-)  Thanks again.

Edited by nubee, 14 December 2018 - 11:01 AM.

#5 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:13 PM

I assume you have tried 'helping it' at the same time as the switch is operated