4 replies to this topic

#1 sebanelli

sebanelli

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:14 AM

Hi guys. I have a 2005 Picasso 1.6 HDi with a mystery fault on its cardio/cd player. I can get no power through the unit but am getting limited functionality through the steering wheel stalk - I can use the in-stalk wheel to scroll through the stations displaying on the dash but that’s all. The unit won’t function in either radio or disc mode. However, this morning and completely out of the blue, a traffic report come through via the pre-set station showing on the dashboard. Frightened the life out of me too! Does anyone have a scooby about what the hell might be going on? No amount of button pushing etc will bring the radio to life. Thanks.

#2 sebanelli

sebanelli

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:15 AM

Oops, should read car radio/cd NOT cardio/cd!!

#3 hunter.england

hunter.england

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:28 PM

I've been totally baffled for a couple of years after changing the head unit to a non-Standard one. Used all the correct leads so i didn't loose the stalk contols etc but it randomly either stays on until the car "sleeps" and then doesn't power up for between 30 seconds and 2 hours next time i use the car? Could be fine for weeks, months even, then one day plays up for a few days? Totally random!!

Not that it helps you but there must be something weird about the system that might be causing your issues! I was told French electrics, not worth trying to figure it out!!

#4 Marvin

Marvin

Skoda Yeti SE Greenline II, 1.6TDi, Steel Grey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:21 PM

Yup:  Froggy Leccy!

"Life? Don't talk to me about life....."

#5 Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 08:07 PM

What I have found with the standard radio, is that the front detaches from the body, the steering wheel controls still work, but the face doesn't.