4 replies to this topic

#1 moppetsdad

moppetsdad

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:43 AM

Has anyone had their door mirror give up folding?  My offside one has decided to play sillies and has given up folding in when locking the car although the nearside one still works ok.

Car is a C3 picasso excusive 2100. So looking for ideas as to whether it's worth doing or leaving as is which is out in the correct position.

Pretty please. David.

#2 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,541 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:10 PM

on the bigger Picassos Xsara, C4 etc the problem used to be down to the cup that the mirror sits in and swivels in getiing full of crude. Try using a silicon spray on it. Note WD will disperse water (WD) but becomes a mess when left and gives problems so a silicon spray may help you.

17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#3 moppetsdad

moppetsdad

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 08:06 PM

I will give that a try and get back and let you know if successful, Ta very much/

#4 moppetsdad

moppetsdad

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 10:05 AM

Well it worked thank goodness, after giving it a dam good flooding and then working it back and forth a few times as the motor operated and a few false attempts when I thought I'd ruined it, it all of a sudden decided to work!

So from now on it's keep the things well lubricated with silicon spray, so thank again.

David

#5 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,541 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:33 PM

Welcome. Problem is that the smallest bit of crud will cause excess friction, mirror motor is low torque do can't overcome the resistance. Rain , air pollutants etc. Get in there and cause problems. Glad it's fixed.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP