#1 sidevalve

sidevalve

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:01 AM

Hi

I have a 55 reg Picasso 1.6 HDi, and over the last few weeks the exhaust has gone from smelling like a typical catalysed diesel to smelling like a paraffin heater or an airport. And then yesterday the engine fault light came on, although performance seems unaffected.

I suspect (because of the smell) that it might be the DPF, but can anyone confirm or deny this.

Just to spice the brew a bit, I am currently in Stafford but I live in southern France near Grenoble, and I am leaving for home with a loaded trailer on Thursday. I wasn't going to go until Saturday, but it looks as if the motorways are going to be blockaded by the yellow vest protesters again at the weekend, and although I fully support their cause I would like to get home too. So that means there is no time to buy a fault code reader or to diagnose or fix the fault before I leave - I just need to keep my fingers crossed and go.

However, I don't want to destroy my engine, so words of wisdom would be welcome!

#2 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:55 AM

Garages will have the ability to read and diagnose car codes, call in and enquire