Photo

Problem after recall..Citroen won't pay.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 andyb

andyb

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:08 PM

I'm just wondering if anyone else has been in the same situation as I've no idea what my rights are in the following situation. My 14 plate grand picasso (only 23k miles) went in for a recall a couple of weeks ago...to replace the aux belt tensioner.  A couple of days..& hardly any mileage later...the car starts squealing on cold start...yep belt is my first thought...took it back to the dealers..I was told by reception the replaced part was faulty & they had to wait for approval from Citroen to rectify it. Today I got a call from the dealers manager..telling me citroen won't approve/cover the cost of fixing the issue...and of course, the dealer won't be doing any fixing without the cost being covered...& they suggested getting onto Citroen myself. The manager suggested fitting of the new belt tensioner may have caused another belt to squeal (as opposed to first being told the new tensioner was faulty)..& also suggested (although he wasn't sure) that the fault with the other belt may have already existed & the proper tightening of the new tensioner has audibly flagged up the fault! 

I've yet to phone Citroen (I would rather have some ammo first if possible) but as it stands, unless Citroen agree to pay to rectify the situation, I've basically taken my car in for a recall & came out with an issue that I seem to be having to pay for. So not very happy. Any thoughts/legal knowledge etc would be appreciated. TIA..Andy. 

#2 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,532 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:34 PM

Go to citizens advice in your town IR local trading standards office.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP