4 replies to this topic

#1 PJS54

PJS54

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 09:31 PM

This isn't meant to be the start of an in-depth discussion, but I simply wondered if anyone else feels worried about the way the door reaches its fully-open position. In previous cars I've had, there's always been some kind of a retaining device to protect the hinge points from over forceful opening. I think it was a thick leather strap in one of my older cars, but a hinged metal bar on others.

I feel uncomfortable in that I can see this leading to metal fatigue in the not-to-distant future and it could probably cause very expensive damage if caught hold of by a very strong wind.

Any thoughts? Are there enough people concerned about this to make a representation to Citroen, or am I just worrying over nothing?

Edited by PJS54, 20 October 2018 - 09:32 PM.

#2 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,265 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:17 AM

Think it was a metal bar in the xpic, wanted a bit of grease when it started screeching

#3 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,532 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:47 PM

I thought that they are fitted with a metal check bar. My new C3 saloon is. I owned a C3 pic for 4.5 years and sorry to say I don't recall what stopped the door hitting the wing but I never had a problem with any of the doors.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#4 dogsmro

dogsmro

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:00 AM

They C3 piccy has a mechanism. Being a Citroen it's not a simple metal strut/strap it is contained within a drum situated below the top hinge.

#5 PJS54

PJS54

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:09 PM

I've just discovered that attempting to add a smiley to my post from the supplied list brings the whole site to a standstill and I'm having to create this post again.

I've had a closer look and can see the backstop (how I've come to hate that word), but it still somehow feels as if the load isn't being spread out sufficiently to avoid too much strain on the anchor points. However, this is purely a gut feeling, so if there haven't been any problems repoted I'll accept that it's okay. Sorry about the grease overload. :D

Attached Files

Edited by PJS54, 08 November 2018 - 03:10 PM.