3 replies to this topic

#1 PJS54

PJS54

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:00 PM

I was going to wait until the morning for another look at this problem, but I thought somebody might save me a bit of time. I'm still having this infernal problem of the seat belt alarm going off at random, so I thought I'd click all the rear belts into position to rule them out of the equation. I went straight to the rear offside (driver's side) belt, only to find that it just wouldn't engage. After many attempts, I pulled the one across from the nearside and after twisting it round the right way found that it clicked into place with no problem at all. Then I noticed something weird: the nearside buckle had just one hole through the metal, yet the offside one had two. Can anybody think of an explanation for this, as its a 2015 model and I don't get the impression that it's been cobbled together out of mis-matched spare parts. It's been through an MOT, so you'd think this should have been tested.

#2 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,532 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:15 PM

Not doubting you but you aren't mixing up the centre seat belt second latch for the offside buckle. Iirc one of the centre buckles us black with no red release push. The buckle that goes in that is smaller but it will fit in the red release buckles. It's just a thought.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#3 scrantz

scrantz

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 06:45 PM

Mines the same (2012) n/s has one hole, o/s has two.

#4 PJS54

PJS54

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:13 PM

I'm just clearing up my mistake in not realising that one of the buckles had somehow become completely hidden beneath the seat. I really did check as well, by feeling down and shining a torch into the hole, but couldn't see any trace of it until I tried to move the seat up.