4 replies to this topic

#1 Plonk

Plonk

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:00 PM

Hi, has anyone got a diagram showing the position of fixings where they power steering ram is fixed to the body end ?( drivers side 2005 Picasso desire 1.6 hdi).The reason I am asking is because a creak has developed at this point whenever the steering is turned and I am wondering if there are any washers etc. missing or in the wrong position.
Thanks
  • DwaynecymN likes this

#2 gray

gray

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:51 AM

If it is definitely the power steering rack, then it might be on the way out.   Levels ok ? 

Possible suspension noise ?

Maybe be the top strut mount.  Try jacking up the drivers side, and see if it is still there ?

#3 gray

gray

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 09:22 AM

Have a look at the service manual to see if you can find a diagram: http://service.citroen.com Change to English, and register as a new user (garage). ;)

#4 Plonk

Plonk

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:52 PM

Thanks for the replies Gary. I will have a look on the link you provided. The rack is actually fine The noise is coming from the pivot point on the body where the external hydraulic ram bolts to the body on the drivers side.
Thanks

#5 gittos

gittos

1.6 Blue HDi EAT6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:18 PM

It may be worth checking for cracks in the bulkhead.

• Was - 2002 1.6 Petrol Picasso SX     Then -2009 C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 VTI Petrol   Then- 2015 C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue HDi EAT6 Exclusive   Now..2018 C4 Picasso 1.2 PureTech Feel EAT6