5 replies to this topic

#1 james_

james_

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:06 AM

Cant see much of an upto date post on this so thought i'd ask for help here. Went through a large puddle yesterday thanks to storm Bronagh. Abs light came on the morning. Tried switching off and on again but still there. Is this a cheap fix bearing in mind i have no mechanic skills at all, so probably gonna be a garage fix.

#2 james_

james_

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:01 AM

Just to add, the fault comes up after starting the engine but before the car has moved ie: stationary

#3 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,522 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:11 PM

The abs rotating part are metal bands around the drive shaft behind the hub. They have square cut outs in them. These bands can corrode and fall off. The detector is mounted on the hub and is activated by the perforated band passing by the detector head. Possible that the water from the puddle has got in the detector head or its plug connection. You will need to get under the car to check this.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#4 james_

james_

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:58 PM

Thanks, is there any tell tale signs to look for and how do i tell which sensor is faulty. Would a standard OBD2 thing tell me?

#5 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,522 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:50 AM

Tell tell sign would be that it's not there on the hub. You drove through deep water. If you are not offay with car mechanicals then take it to a garage, this is a safety feature not to be ignored.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#6 james_

james_

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 08:38 PM

Thanks, gettng it sorted Monday. What's the going rate for these fixing?