2 replies to this topic

#1 scrantz

scrantz

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:51 PM

It seems whoever owned my car before me had a sycamore tree in their garden, in the area where the pollen filter and wiper mechanism are situated I'm having a problem with the water draining away. obviously I don't want to poke things down the holes to try and clear the gunk, I need to blow it all out from the underside . . . my question is, do I need to remove the wheel arch liners to do this or are the holes accessible if I get the car on a ramp?

#2 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,532 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:35 PM

The water just escapes between the wheel arch liner and the wheel arch. IIRC the drain hole has a rubber device in it that is pyramid shaped with slots in it. You should be able to clean it out (carefully) from the scuttle side, probably full of leavee. Try a vacuum nozzle on it.
  • scrantz likes this
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#3 SepticSid

SepticSid

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 12:08 PM

use something like a bent bit of tube or wire to get down into the hole, the left (as you look at it) scuttle cover is removable, the wire needs to be longer for the right side.

Just poke the blockage away.

Perhaps use a hosepipe where you can to clear it fully.