2 replies to this topic

#1 itsbrasso

itsbrasso

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:07 PM

Hi there, I'm having a few electrical problems at the moment, pretty sure my cooling fan has either seized of the resistor failed, either way it isn't working. Could this cause the MIL lamp to illuminate??

Many thanks, as when the MIL lamp originally came on, the aircon compressor doesent run, and it was working fine previously.. all seems a bit of a coincidence.. the car is a 2007 1.6hdi and runs fine
..HELP!!

#2 gray

gray

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:35 AM

Get the MIL code read first, to see what it thinks is wrong.  it might be a red herring/coincidence.  (Or not  :)  )

If the aircon gas is low, then the compressor won't kick in, and the fan won't run, unless it gets up to a higher temperature.  

#3 cris1117

cris1117

1.6hi 110 (2007) X-Picasso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:35 PM

Hi. If the fan isn’t working the air con won’t engage. Try running at about 30 mph and switching on the air con if it gets cold then it’s probably the fan, they have a tendency to pack up.

As soon as you slow down the air con will disengage because there is no airflow across the condenser.

If you have a smart phone download torque off of play store and get one of these off EBay I bought one a while back best £8 I ever spent.

https://www.ebay.co....foAAOSwXSJbGj42

It will read the codes and reset the mil light.