5 replies to this topic

#1 picassop0wer

picassop0wer

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 07:47 PM

my low pressure in tank pump has died so i was wondering is my picasso suited to an external inline fuel pump like this

https://www.amazon.c..._detail_2?psc=1

can i just add this before fuel filter ? will it suck petrol out of tank ??

ad says pump is self priming and 5 to 9 psi

what colour wires power the in tank pump on a  2003 1.6

#2 gittos

gittos

1.6 Blue HDi EAT6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 06:18 PM

The pump you are looking at is for carburetor cars , sio may not work with fuel injection.

• picassop0wer likes this
  • Was - 2002 1.6 Petrol Picasso SX     Then -2009 C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 VTI Petrol   Then- 2015 C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue HDi EAT6 Exclusive   Now..2018 C4 Picasso 1.2 PureTech Feel EAT6

#3 picassop0wer

picassop0wer

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 06:40 PM

The pump you are looking at is for carburetor cars , so may not work with fuel injection.

i was hoping to use the inline pump to replace the low pressure in tank pump as both pumps are used to supply the high pressure injector pump in engine bay...... sounds like it may work or am i just hoping beyond hope 

this would save me having to drop the fuel tank and remove pump also

inline pump twenty squid 20 minute fit

in tank oem pump one hundred and forty squid plus drop tank and remove and refit pump and tank

#4 picassop0wer

picassop0wer

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:44 PM

no gittos was right i needed one for injection engines 260lph @ 3 bar (same specs as oem bosch pump)

s-l1600.jpg

fleabay or amaaazin twenty quid nice comes tuesday so will update

carburettor ones only 30-60lph

#5 picassop0wer

picassop0wer

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:51 PM

pump came went to car at asda car park cut the petrol hose just after the filter connected pump inlet and outlet to break in hose  connected brown positive from pump to pink wire on tank plug and blue wire to earth whoop whoop petrol at injector rail.....

inrenal pump replaced with external pump job done twenty quid

• gray likes this

#6 picassop0wer

picassop0wer

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:00 PM

IMPORTANT UPDATE....this pump has been fine until...i drove from Liverpool to london because after 2hrs pump overheated and failed it was fine after cooling for 25mins for another 90mins driving on return journey i planned to stop at services every 90mins driving and was fine ......

my theory is in tank pump cooled by petrol.... external pump no cooling so overheats when used continuous for over 2hrs

but still cheap effective and time saving repair