3 replies to this topic

#1 john the hat

john the hat

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 04:39 PM

Hi all can anyone tell me if there is a heater matrix temperature sensor and where it is easy way to get to it.
Would it stop air con working.
Lexia is saying it is short or open. But I don't even kow if it has one I have looked. 2003 picasso hdi 2.0 fully auto climate control.
Thanks been searching for ages

#2 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,532 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:30 AM

There is a temp sensor for the car interior on the X pic. It's behind on of those small grills on the dash by the auto Aircon screen or the radio, sorry it's a long time since I had an X pic. Inside that grill is a fan that samples the air across a sensor. Sometimes they get clogged with dust from the cabin.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#3 john the hat

john the hat

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:03 AM

Yes thank you for your reply I know about that one.I moved it and lexia showed it being blocked. The one I am looking for (or to find out if it even has one) is about 3ins long goes through the heater housing I have seen it on latter car. Thanks again I do appreciate any help

#4 john the hat

john the hat

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:30 AM

I should say lexia says heater matrix water temperature sensor open or short to ground.
Thanks