#1 jjbrown84

jjbrown84

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 12:54 PM

Hi all,

My xsara pic 57 plate 1.6 hdi has died so I have replaced it with a 07 plate C4 pic 1.6hdi Egs.

It had a fault on purchase that the garage has now resolved free of charge under warranty(fumes entering the cabin).

It had a new turbo as it was leaking and an exhaust manifold gasket for same reason.

I was hoping the mileage may have improved but am yet to see anything.
Driving pretty conservatively I'm getting around 42-44 mpg whereas on the same journey the xsara (no FAP) would easily return 55 - 60 on the computer (50-55 in brim to brim real terms).
Would this be normal behaviour?
I'm using it in manual mode and really trying to squeeze the mpg (mostly motorway) but with little improvement.

Is this just because it's a heavier car or because it has a Dpf etc? Or should I be looking at further diagnosis?

#2 gittos

gittos

1.6 Blue HDi EAT6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:44 PM

That's pretty normal for urban driving, it's a much heavier car than the XPic and I think the later engine is slightly less fuel efficient but less polluting.

• Was - 2002 1.6 Petrol Picasso SX     Then -2009 C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 VTI Petrol   Then- 2015 C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue HDi EAT6 Exclusive   Now..2018 C4 Picasso 1.2 PureTech Feel EAT6

#3 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 21 August 2018 - 06:53 AM

If you can hold at about 65mph on the motorway on a lengthy run you could see the ave consumption nudging 60, my usual average for a day out easy driving is in the low 50s which is quite good considering the congestion and stop / start on several roads

#4 jjbrown84

jjbrown84

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:51 PM

It does seem to have improved slightly over the last few days.
I got 47.8 over 35 miles this morning and despite mostly on a low traffic dual carriage way there is a steady incline for most of the journey doing my best to keep the gears high and the speed under 70.
The mpg should balance out on the way home so I guess its probably safely over the 50mpg line.
It is noticeably heavier though, more sluggish than my xpic with the similar engine. That was only a 92 bhp but had been remapped giving it more kick but still good economy. I wonder if there's any benefit to doing the same to the C4, will have to browse the forum